🐈
» Forums » Clients » Project cost
Page options
b2658b36
Community Member

Project cost

Hi all

I´ve just hired a freelancer and we agreed the price at 10 hours for 17 dollars per hour. 

I put 5 hours per week. $85.00 per week.

She asked me to change so I changed to 10hours per week.

The maximum I want to spend is $170. 

What do I need to do or is it all ok as it is now? 

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Ed G wrote:

Hi all

I´ve just hired a freelancer and we agreed the price at 10 hours for 17 dollars per hour. 

Thank you

Well, she can charge $170/week this way. If she's honest and not trying to scam you, you can just talk to her and ask her to stop charging at $170 or after the 10 hours are done. I would probably ask you to increase the hours too unless you wanted to wait two weeks for the end result. But it would indeed be annoying to stop in the middle of a project just because I don't have enough hours allocated for the week.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

What do you need to do?
You can do whatever you want.

You may set the maximum number of hours to any number of hours you want. 1 hour. 2 hours. 10 hours. 80 hours. The choice is yours. You can set the contract so that it has no limit.

This maximum is PER WEEK.

Which means: If you have a maximum number of 10 hours per week, and her rate is $17 per hour, then the freelancer can log up to $170 worth of work EACH WEEK.

The weekly billing period begins Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC.

For me (I live in Arizona) that means that the work week ends at 5:00 p.m. each Sunday evening.

If you want to spend a maximum of $170 on this project, then all you need to do is CLOSE the project before the work week ends.

I can't guarantee that the work will be done by then... after she has spent 10 hours working on it... but I can guarantee if you close the contract before a new work week ends, there will be no way for the freelancer to bill more than $170.

Thank you for explaining that

lysis10
Community Member

Ed G wrote:

Hi all

Thank you

Well, she can charge $170/week this way. If she's honest and not trying to scam you, you can just talk to her and ask her to stop charging at $170 or after the 10 hours are done. I would probably ask you to increase the hours too unless you wanted to wait two weeks for the end result. But it would indeed be annoying to stop in the middle of a project just because I don't have enough hours allocated for the week.

Here is what really happens on projects... The freelancer says it will take a certain number of hours to do a task... And then the client sees the work that she is doing, and decides he wants her to do even more work. So he asks her to do more things, and he raises the maximum number of hours pers week that she can work, hoping she will spend more of her time on the project.

Or sometimes the client doesn't really like the freelancer's work... He thanks her for her time and closes the contract. He has other tasks that he wants done, but he assigns those tasks to other people on the team.

Thank you Preston 

b2658b36
Community Member

Thank you Jennifer

Latest Articles
Learning Paths