🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Proposals
Page options
bicalab
Community Member

Proposals

Hello, 

I have been using upwork for month now. There are lots of job here and to be honest I can deliver all of the jobs I applied for at best as per clients requirement. But what I am seeing is jobs are being posted and proposals are also been sent by freelancers be it less than 5, 5 to 20 or more.

Bottle neck is job is been posted for ex. 15 hrs ago and clients last view is also 15 hrs ago. Even if we check after days I didn't see the last view has been changed for many proposals I have sent. So any suggestions, whom to put on proposals or something?

5 REPLIES 5
bobafett999
Community Member

There are many who posts job for their entertainment.

May be this could be your problem:

Maharashtra High School, Kolhapur
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), Mechanical engineering
2013-2017

I didn't know that now High Schools in India are able to offer Bachelor's degree in Engineering!

People need to post their education in correct order. It gives different meaning altogther to others when they view from other end.

yofazza
Community Member

I think it's not about that.

Bhusan, you need to create 2 separate entries for that 2 levels of education.

Yeah, it's important to project yourself in a better light.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Bhushan,

Here are a few TIPS for success. If you have any specific questions, let us know. Thanks!

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths