🐈
» Forums » Clients » Protecting My Website When Giving Access To U...
Page options
d614b59b
Community Member

Protecting My Website When Giving Access To Upwork Freelancers

I need to find another website developer.  I am wondering what protection I have when I give administration access to an Upwork freelancer or agency.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

I can assure you that Upwork does not provide "protection" for your website when you provide access to freelancers.

The "protection" you have is that Upwork freelancers are serious professionals who will not abuse these access credentials.

Except for the rare freelancers who are scoundrels. Or scammers. Or incompetent.

So... hopefully you don't hire one of those.

But in case you do, and in case you hire a scoundrel whether on Upwork or elsewhere, you don't need to worry... because I know what you are a serious and knowledgeable project owner. I know that you have a backup of your site database and your site source code files... a backup which is secure, regularly made, and located in a place that the freelancers you hire do not have access to.

Thanks for the reply. My web guy so far has proven trustworthy.

Yes, I get back ups but I'm going to double check whether they're
accessible via the back end of my website.

Will also check the source coding.

Thank you.
growmyretail
Community Member

All websites that I own, are also copied and backed up on staging environment.
When I amend or my developer makes changes he does it on the latest staging copy, after review we push it to live status. 

The best thing you do is, to move your website to a hosting provider that offers staging environments. 

It will save you a lot of headaches and concerns in case something goes south.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths