🐈
» Forums » Clients » Put Freelance on Black List
Page options
cbbcb5d9
Community Member

Put Freelance on Black List

Hello,

We have many freelancer try to contact us, and try to pitch us off the Upwork system.

We have many freelance say they are working alone, and  really an agency, or group company.

We are in process of hiring 100's, we want to never see people we know are problem.

How can we avoid, can we block? It is not the messages, we don't want them

We can make favorites.

Can we make NOT -- or Blaclisted?

Thanks Andy Lee Graham

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can BLOCK any freelancer from contacting you by clicking on their name in the Messages tool, displaying a dropdown menu, and clicking the block option.

Is that what you are looking for?

Preston H wrote:

Is that what you are looking for?

No, he wants to blacklist people so they no longer appear in his searches and can't apply to his jobs.

No, there is currently no such filtering function.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Andy G wrote:

Hello,

We have many freelancer try to contact us, and try to pitch us off the Upwork system.

We have many freelance say they are working alone, and  really an agency, or group company.

We are in process of hiring 100's, we want to never see people we know are problem.

How can we avoid, can we block? It is not the messages, we don't want them

We can make favorites.

Can we make NOT -- or Blaclisted?

Thanks Andy Lee Graham

You should report any freelancers who have misrepresented themselves or behaved inappropriately. If Upwork decides to ban them, they will then be unable to apply for your jobs.

For what it's worth:

The ability to block a freelancer from applying to one's jobs would be an EXCELLENT ADDITION to what Upwork offers to clients.

Preston H wrote:

For what it's worth:

The ability to block a freelancer from applying to one's jobs would be an EXCELLENT ADDITION to what Upwork offers to clients.

And the other way around too. I see jobs posts, that even if I'm not in my right mind I would not apply, it would be nice, to stop seeing these jobs too.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths