🐈
» Forums » Clients » Question about a contract.
Page options
lucianoerd
Community Member

Question about a contract.

Hey guys, I'm Luciano from Brazil and I have a question about a contract with a client. He proposed to me to do some research about the line production of a certain product in Brazil. For this work, he funded some money on Upwork for me. I did the research but the problem is I am not an Engineer so to describe the entire line production of that industry and I'm counting with a report of an engineer. So there are two payments, my payment (funded on Upwork) and the amount to the engineer here. So my question is how can I get the amount to the engineer from a client in a secure way without being charged with 20% because the Engineer´s work is not by the Upwork platform.

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Luciano,

You are allowed to subcontract if the contract you have with the client is fixed-price and the client is informed about subcontracting. Freelancer Service fee will still be applied to any payments made to you by the client.

You could also refer the client to the engineer and they can hire them on Upwork and pay them through a separate contract for their services. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Many Thanks.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths