🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Quick route to a freelancer
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Quick route to a freelancer

Just hired a talented man from Dominica. Small job I could have gotten done for free but I don't mix family and business. Left open to the whole world, specified the Americas as preferred location.

First response from India, was never sure he understood what I wanted, liked his work. Second from Dominica, in the Americas; I called him out for a boilerplate response. He listened, just hired him. Thirteen hours elapsed time.

Wouldn't do that for an editor, an engineer, a management consultant or lawyer, but for commodity work such as a logo for a new internet column, it's pretty easy.

3 REPLIES 3
jimmy-johns
Community Member

This seems more like a diary entry than a valuable community post. I think it's great that you've found a way to not only devalue your logo (the icon of your new column) but also devalue a creative profession in the course of a few short sentences. 

I'm also sure your new friend thought it was worth the $5 you paid him for your logo to listen to your 13 hours of "calling him out". Now I know why those engineers, lawyers, etc are worth more to you. They are paid to listen...of course, I'm really not sure what the whole point is anyway. Congratulations though!

zoomconcepts
Community Member

Yeah us lowly logo folks can usually get away with it, no-one expects us to actually be able to communicate.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You might want to do a reverse-image search on that logo. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths