🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: REPORTS - I WANT TO SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSO...
Page options
bellbeth
Community Member

REPORTS - I WANT TO SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON ABOUT THIS

I want to speak to a live person about the reports.  We have worked with upwork for over 6 years, we have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Now you expect us to pay $50/month for a simple report that I used to get included?  This is ridiculous and really stupid if you are going to risk our relationship over a fee for something that should be included.  I am also told you are charging now for access to your API.  Again something at this point that should be INCLUDING for us considering how much money we have paid you over the years.  I want to speak to a REAL person about this.  I do not want some canned response back.

22 REPLIES 22
sergio-soria
Community Member

Right. One of the changes Upwork implemented on the client side was to reduce some stuff the free accounts have granted before.

To talk with a live person I guess you can go to https://support.upwork.com Scroll to the bottom and click where it reads Get Help. That will take you to a self-help form with canned answers but if you insist with the "I Still Need Help" button you will get to the page 3 where you will be able to chat or have a call with an agent.

This didn't work,there is no I still need help button

Because you need to fill out the empty forms and go through the steps, you will see the I Still Need Help button on page 2. And page 3 is the one that gives you the chat option or the phone option.

Anyway Bojan said you will be contacted.

I am having problems verifying my payment method. And - although I have followed your guidance for contacting Upwork - I cannot get to the point where I am offered to speak to or chat with a real person. I keep getting pushed back to "Get assistance from our community team", or the community bot / Data. It is soooo frustrating. Thinking of giving up entirely which would be a shame for the contractor I would like to contract with!!  Please, can someone help me to reach upwork to resolve this?  The chat window says " Ways to contact our support team" but there are no options there. Only the "Get assistance from our community team"...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gavin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
618d9258
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am also having problems with my payment method.  I've been trying to buy connnects but the system won't let me. I've tried changing my payment method but failed still.  I have followed your guidance for contacting Upwork - I also cannot get to the point where I am offered to speak to or chat with a real person. I keep getting pushed back to "Get assistance from our community team", or the community bot / Data. Can someone assist me directly via  a support ticket?  Please. Thank you. 

Hi Maria,

Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error or a screenshot from your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

Here's the text of the error that I am encountering.

Financial transactions for Maria Andrea Pizarro (31493931) have been
> limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact
> customer support.

Hi  Bojan,

Here's the text of the error:

Financial transactions for Maria Andrea Pizarro (31493931) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Thank you for the follow up Maria,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beth,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and gladly assist you with your concerns.

Please note that as part of the Basic plan you have access to several reports:

-Transaction report. This gives you a detailed view of all your Upwork transactions. Please, hover your mouse over Reports tab and then click Transactions to access it.
-Freelancer work diaries. Visit the Contract Room for any project to see a freelancer’s Work Diary.
-Weekly Summary email. Account admins will get this weekly email report, which includes details such as the hours logged by your freelancer(s).
Based on data about how clients use reports, we expect that the tools above will give the majority of clients the information they need to manage their projects. However, in cases where clients need more information, we are offering the paid Client Plus plan.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan S wrote:
Based on data about how clients use reports, we expect that the tools above will give the majority of clients the information they need to manage their projects.

I do hope "the team" understands that the many complaints posted about the suppression of reports that clients regard as mission-critical also constitute "data."

Serious clients who regularly spend money deserve to be heard.

It is reasonable to make accommodations, even if that means doing things differently for current customers compared to what Upwork's plans are for going forward.

For example:

A few years ago, Upwork decided to establish a minimum hourly rate that could be used when hiring freelancers. But there were existing client/freelancer relationships that used a rate lower than the new minimum hourly rate.

Those EXISTING rates were allowed to continue with the existing client/freelancer relationships.

Clients who had been using Upwork prior to the new changes on the platform were thus accommodated, which allowed Upwork to evolve as it wanted to, while helping existing clients rather than simply forcing sudden changes on them which would significantly impact their business.

Good point, Preston! It was particularly shocking to see Upwork say that its traditional client access offerings would continue to be available (within certain site activity constraints) when the new plans were rolled out, only to see that promise rescinded within months—with the added insult of the "Basic Membership" becoming even more restrictive and less useful than the prior level of access they were now abolishing.

I can see why those existing rates (below $3.00 an hour) had to go. But not what clients consider to be essential data; the absence of which, will simply drive them away if they are compelled to subscribe to a plan with a fairly insubstantial offer.    

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Good point, Preston! It was particularly shocking to see Upwork say that its traditional client access offerings would continue to be available (within certain site activity constraints) when the new plans were rolled out, only to see that promise rescinded within months—with the added insult of the "Basic Membership" becoming even more restrictive and less useful than the prior level of access they were now abolishing.

This. If individual FLs ran our businesses like that, UW would never have gotten off the ground.

mtngigi
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Beth,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and gladly assist you with your concerns.

-Transaction report. This gives you a detailed view of all your Upwork transactions. Please, hover your mouse over Reports tab and then click Transactions to access it.
-Freelancer work diaries. Visit the Contract Room for any project to see a freelancer’s Work Diary.
-Weekly Summary email. Account admins will get this weekly email report, which includes details such as the hours logged by your freelancer(s).
Based on data about how clients use reports, we expect that the tools above will give the majority of clients the information they need to manage their projects. However, in cases where clients need more information, we are offering the paid Client Plus plan.

Thank you.

It's pretty depressing for us freelancers to see what Upwork is doing to it's client base, in this and that other thread about charging for reports:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Reports/td-p/627974

We need more clients, not less. Freelancers and clients have suggested good ideas to improve your bottom line ... this idea of charging clients for reports is doing nothing of the sort. What is wrong with your decision makers?

reinierb
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Beth,

Thank you.

It's pretty depressing for us freelancers to see what Upwork is doing to it's client base, in this and that other thread about charging for reports:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Reports/td-p/627974

We need more clients, not less. Freelancers and clients have suggested good ideas to improve your bottom line ... this idea of charging clients for reports is doing nothing of the sort. What is wrong with your decision makers?

There are decision makers? Who knew? 

mtngigi
Community Member

Reinier B wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Beth,

Thank you.

Well ... I had to call them something ...

Reinier B wrote:

It's an algorithm.

Tiffany S wrote:

Reinier B wrote:

It's an algorithm.

Behind every algorithm stands...a person?...a committee?...a task force?...a board of directors?...venture capital overlords who would like to cash their 20-year-old certificate of deposit?

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Tiffany S wrote:

Reinier B wrote:

It's an algorithm.

Behind every algorithm stands...a person?...a committee?...a task force?...a board of directors?...venture capital overlords who would like to cash their 20-year-old certificate of deposit?

What I always picture here is those big mesh cages they spin at bingo halls that just mix everything up in one mass and then spit things out at random.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths