cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORTS - I WANT TO SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON ABOUT THIS

Beth B Member Since: Aug 11, 2019
1 of 16

I want to speak to a live person about the reports.  We have worked with upwork for over 6 years, we have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Now you expect us to pay $50/month for a simple report that I used to get included?  This is ridiculous and really stupid if you are going to risk our relationship over a fee for something that should be included.  I am also told you are charging now for access to your API.  Again something at this point that should be INCLUDING for us considering how much money we have paid you over the years.  I want to speak to a REAL person about this.  I do not want some canned response back.

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
2 of 16

Right. One of the changes Upwork implemented on the client side was to reduce some stuff the free accounts have granted before.

To talk with a live person I guess you can go to https://support.upwork.com Scroll to the bottom and click where it reads Get Help. That will take you to a self-help form with canned answers but if you insist with the "I Still Need Help" button you will get to the page 3 where you will be able to chat or have a call with an agent.

Beth B Member Since: Aug 11, 2019
3 of 16

This didn't work,there is no I still need help button

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
4 of 16

Because you need to fill out the empty forms and go through the steps, you will see the I Still Need Help button on page 2. And page 3 is the one that gives you the chat option or the phone option.

Anyway Bojan said you will be contacted.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 16

Hi Beth,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and gladly assist you with your concerns.

Please note that as part of the Basic plan you have access to several reports:

-Transaction report. This gives you a detailed view of all your Upwork transactions. Please, hover your mouse over Reports tab and then click Transactions to access it.
-Freelancer work diaries. Visit the Contract Room for any project to see a freelancer’s Work Diary.
-Weekly Summary email. Account admins will get this weekly email report, which includes details such as the hours logged by your freelancer(s).
Based on data about how clients use reports, we expect that the tools above will give the majority of clients the information they need to manage their projects. However, in cases where clients need more information, we are offering the paid Client Plus plan.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
6 of 16

Bojan S wrote:
Based on data about how clients use reports, we expect that the tools above will give the majority of clients the information they need to manage their projects.

I do hope "the team" understands that the many complaints posted about the suppression of reports that clients regard as mission-critical also constitute "data."

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 16

Serious clients who regularly spend money deserve to be heard.

It is reasonable to make accommodations, even if that means doing things differently for current customers compared to what Upwork's plans are for going forward.

For example:

A few years ago, Upwork decided to establish a minimum hourly rate that could be used when hiring freelancers. But there were existing client/freelancer relationships that used a rate lower than the new minimum hourly rate.

Those EXISTING rates were allowed to continue with the existing client/freelancer relationships.

Clients who had been using Upwork prior to the new changes on the platform were thus accommodated, which allowed Upwork to evolve as it wanted to, while helping existing clients rather than simply forcing sudden changes on them which would significantly impact their business.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
8 of 16

Good point, Preston! It was particularly shocking to see Upwork say that its traditional client access offerings would continue to be available (within certain site activity constraints) when the new plans were rolled out, only to see that promise rescinded within months—with the added insult of the "Basic Membership" becoming even more restrictive and less useful than the prior level of access they were now abolishing.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 16

I can see why those existing rates (below $3.00 an hour) had to go. But not what clients consider to be essential data; the absence of which, will simply drive them away if they are compelled to subscribe to a plan with a fairly insubstantial offer.    

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
10 of 16

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Good point, Preston! It was particularly shocking to see Upwork say that its traditional client access offerings would continue to be available (within certain site activity constraints) when the new plans were rolled out, only to see that promise rescinded within months—with the added insult of the "Basic Membership" becoming even more restrictive and less useful than the prior level of access they were now abolishing.

This. If individual FLs ran our businesses like that, UW would never have gotten off the ground.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS