cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rating Proposals - Missing Feature from Elance?

Andre C Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1 of 2

Hi, 

I used Elance a lot since 2011 (over 110 jobs completed) and to be honest have found the upwork proposal management feature lacking in a few areas. The first - and in many ways a deal breaker - is the ability to rate large numbers of proposals. 

In Elance, you would get the ability to give each propsal a rating out of 5. So if I had 30+ proposals, I would quickly run through them rating each one from 1 to 4. Then I would filter those results getting 4 stars to build a shortlist. 

I can't see that option here on Upwork and I'm left with the option of discounting a proposal altogether or keeping it. The latest job I have posted has had over 40 proposals already and I don't know how I'm going to build a shortlist. 

If there is an alternative 'best practice' way to sift through 40+ proposals without that feature then I'd really appreciate knowing it.

Many thanks

EDIT: 

Also, I don't see how to sort or filter proposals by certain criteria (price, freelancer country etc) - again, maybe missing something here, but can't see it. 

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
2 of 2

@Andre C wrote:

If there is an alternative 'best practice' way to sift through 40+ proposals without that feature then I'd really appreciate knowing it.

A well-crafted job post should not receive more than a handful of applicants.  Cancel the job and re-post it with sufficient detail so that only the most qualified freelancers can be certain they are able to do the work.  Any fakes you get will be that much easier to spot as well.  And if the job actually is generic enough that it can be done by any generic freelancer, just hire the first one that obviously isn't  a dud.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS