🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Beware of ** - SCAM ARTIST
Page options
seoforutah
Community Member

Re: Beware of ** - SCAM ARTIST

I was scammed out of 9,000. Upwork did nothing to help.
2 REPLIES 2
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Megan,

I'm sorry about your experience with this contract. I see our Mediation team has been actively communicating with you via the open support ticket. I'll ask our team to follow up with you directly since we can't discuss contract-related issues in the Community. Thank you for your understanding.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Megan, I do not doubt your sincerity. I do not doubt that you are feeling disappointed right now.

As a practical matter, Upwork has extensive tools and functionality in place that help clients avoid financial loss. When a client uses the Upwork system properly and using straightforward "best practices", the most money that a client will lose is about $50 to $100.

So the number that you are citing ($9,000) indicates a serious disconnect. If you would like to talk about this with us more, then we can help you understand how you can get money back and/or what you (and other clients reading this thread) can do differently in the future.

A Forum Moderator has indicated reluctance on Upwork's part to discuss contract-specific details. But there is more leeway with regards to what you are allowed to say, and you can also discuss things with us in general terms. For example: "If I want to hire freelancers on Upwork to create a website for selling farm-fresh flowers directly, how can I do so without losing money if a freelancer turns out to be dishonest?"

Latest Articles
Learning Paths