🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Billing Method / Paypal, Debit card not w...
Page options
c513e794
Community Member

Re: Can not update card and add new billing method

Hello, Paypal doesn't work in my country and my credite card was lost so I am trying to register my debit card as a new billing method. But the system is denying it. Just saying "we were unable to process your payment. please update your billing method."
I need to pay my freelancers tomorrow and register a new billing method or else my account will get suspended. My debit card is my only option available.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bernadette, 

There are only three types of billing methods available on Upwork - Credit Card, Paypal, and Bank Account (ACH). On client accounts, we cannot accept debit cards as billing methods. You may read more about it here.

You may check the Paypal section of the help article I linked for more information on what type of Paypal account you can use as a billing method on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
c513e794
Community Member

Hello Avery, 

Thank you for this, however, Upwork is also denying my Paypal account. Do you know why?

Hi Bernadette,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths