🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How do you file a complaint??
Page options
f518b538
Community Member

Re: How do you file a complaint??

I created an job posting for a WIX developer. Unfortunately it contained the URL for the website in question. Within an hour our facebook network was being contacted from an account posing as my wife. This has caused my much concern that illegal activity is originating from my request. I am assuming that you have an audit log of all persons that have viewed my posting. Some people have also contacted us directly which I assume is not allowed because all contact should occur through upwork.

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

Michael L wrote:

I created an job posting for a WIX developer. Unfortunately it contained the URL for the website in question. Within an hour our facebook network was being contacted from an account posing as my wife. This has caused my much concern that illegal activity is originating from my request. I am assuming that you have an audit log of all persons that have viewed my posting. Some people have also contacted us directly which I assume is not allowed because all contact should occur through upwork.

Hi Michael,

Yes, clients are discouraged from including web addresses or other identifying contact info in their posts for this reason. Unfortunately not all of us who use Upwork to reply to jobs are as professional as others. 

I'm sorry you've had to experience this. I'll flag your post and hopefully a moderator can help you find a solution. 

Amanda is correct.

None of the bad behavior on the part of Upwork users (or non-Upwork users who saw your job post) is justifiable.

re: "Some people have also contacted us directly which I assume is not allowed because all contact should occur through upwork."

You are correct. What those people did is NOT allowed. And it is NOT ethical or professional. You may be contacted by Upwork representatives and asked to provide any information you have. If Upwork is able to identify these people as Upwork users, then they are likely to have their accounts sanctioned or terminated.

For future reference, as a client you can avoid this type of thing by omitting identifying information.

You would definitely want to specify that you have a Wix site, but you don't need to provide the URL.

You could provide files with the job attachment... such as screenshots that don't have identifying information, or even HTML files..

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I'm sorry to learn about the issue with your job post. I will go ahead and check to see if there is anything we can do on our end. In the meantime, I would recommend that you edit your job post and remove your website to avoid having freelancers contacting you directly. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths