🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How do you file a complaint?
Page options
ea71f607
Community Member

Re: How do you file a complaint?

MISLEADING AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

I had appointed a **Edited for Community Guidelines**
designer to design plans to submission to authorities, which he agreed.
Stage 1 was 2D drawings and something else, which I did not get but he promised it in the second phase

Stage 2 was 3D, 360 view, nswe elevations for submission to authorities for approval if not approval for signing off by another architect

Now I am told that this is not the case; I was lied to
I want my money in ESCROW returned to my back account with immediate effect
I want nothing more to do with upworks, this is my second attempt; first was for softward development

I'm done with this
It is appalling; it only takes one bad apple in a basket!!!  I ans others I know who I have discussed or asked what to do would not touch upworks in the future.

REFUND MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY

To view:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Reply to:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

No reason not to refund, you have the details and my email

17 REPLIES 17
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sara,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. 
To request a refund you will need to open the contract > click on the three dots (...) and then click on the Request a Refund option. To learn more about this, check out this Guide
The freelancer will have 7 days to respond to the request, if no actions are taken from the freelancer side the funds will be released back to you. 
If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dc9440ed
Community Member

Hello There

I hired a freelancer recently to update my website.  He was on the expensive side of all the quotes I got and he had an  impressive looking portfolio, but now I think it was all fake.  My website crashed twice in 1 months.  My clients are confused and think my business shut down because of COVID19 because they cannot find me.  Where can I file a complaint?  How can he do the work he promised?  Can I get my money back to hire someone else to fix his mistakes.

dc9440ed
Community Member

Why is it impossible to change your review on a freelancer.  14 days is not enough.  My website started crashing in less than 1 month after he made modifications to it.

re: "Why is it impossible to change your review on a freelancer. 14 days is not enough. My website started crashing in less than 1 month after he made modifications to it."

Kitty is not impossible to change your review.

If you ask the freelancer to allow you to change your review, the freelancer may click a button that allows you a one-time opportunity to change your review.

But why would he let me since the new review will be a very negative one.

re: "But why would he let me since the new review will be a very negative one."

If the freelancer is smart and understands how Upwork works, he would not agree to let you change the review.

My recommendation to you would be to not ask him to let you change the review.

If you would like Upwork to change how the review system works, you may make specific recommendations to them here in the Forum. But I would recommend doing so in a different thread. How the review system works is not really what the title of this thread refers to.

Do you have any other questions about your current situation?

I did ask a separate question earlier. Just want to know how I can file a
complaint and request for refund so I can hire someone to correct his
mistakes.

petra_r
Community Member

Kitty S wrote:
Just want to know how I can file a
complaint and request for refund so I can hire someone to correct his
mistakes.

Check your invoice date. If it is less than 30 days ago, you may be able to file a dispute. If not, you can't.

Also, how do you know (and can you prove) that the freelancer's work is the reason for your site crashing and have you actually discussed the matter with the freelancer?

dc9440ed
Community Member

Thank you for replying.  What would be the type of proof required?  I will I do my best to find them.  I had a site that was being redone by the developer.  It was functioning before, but the theme was getting old and the font was difficult to read.  Within 1 week of the job completion.  The site crashed.  Now currently I only have a front page.  Cannot access WP admin at all.

Hi Kitty,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. To request a refund you will need to open the contract > click on the three dots (...) and then click on the Request a Refund option. You can find more information about this process in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
dc9440ed
Community Member

Hi Nicolas

thank you for replying.  Opening the job is not an option

I need help getting my website back.  I no longer have a WP website.  Whatever "fix" he did, left me with only the home page of my website.  I cannot even see the Admin part of it anymore.  

I need a complete refund from my web developer so I can hire someone else to correct his error.  How can I get that done?

Please help.  

re: "I need help getting my website back.  I no longer have a WP website.  Whatever 'fix' he did, left me with only the home page of my website.  I cannot even see the Admin part of it anymore."

Kitty, this is not the correct place to post this. You need to post a job posting describing your problem on the main site at Upwork.com.

Upwork does not fix WordPress sites. But using Upwork, you can hire qualified freelancers who can fix your problem.

re: "I need a complete refund from my web developer so I can hire someone else to correct his error.  How can I get that done?"

I do not doubt your sincerity. I do not doubt that you are disappointed that your site is currently not working the way you want it to.

But trying to get a refund so you can hire someone else is not how this works. You do not have a basis for getting a refund.

The concept of refunds just ends up hurting clients and derails projects. If you want to move forward with your project, hire somebody who can help you by identifying the problem and restoring full functionality for your site. You have a bug that is blocking it from being all that it was a few weeks ago when it was delivered.

If you want to start over from scratch, you may do so, at your own expense. But it is not necessary to do so. And it sounds like you already know that. You said you want to hire someone to fix the site. That is the right approach.

The WordPress site and its contents are still there.

Someone can fix it.

Is it necessary to wait until you get a "full refund" before hiring someone to fix the site?

No. Those are separate matters.

If you have questions about how the refund process works, you may ask questions here in the Forum. You may also read the detailed Help pages on the topic.

I am sad that the general opinion of the group is that a product is only
expected to last 14 days after delivery. If I hired someone from Upwork to
design my website, I expect my $2000 to last more than 2 weeks.

I am only asking for refund because I don't have any trust this guy can fix
the mess he has created. I need someone else to fix it.

Hi Kitty,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dc9440ed
Community Member

thank you

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "As an aside, you might want to start adding memos if you want payment protection. I guess that is if you're using the tracker."

Effective, professional freelancers write memos whether or not they are using the time-tracker tool. It is a way of showing respect to our clients.

In addition to being an important element for ensuring Payment Protection.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths