🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Re sending an offer when a deposit has be...
Page options
a0d7d5fc
Community Member

Re sending an offer when a deposit has been paid.

I hired my first freelancer, set up the offer on a fixed payment milestone. Then he asked me to pay the full amount (not in milestones). So I canceled the offer but I've already been charged $250 for the first milestone. I sent a new offer for the full amount $1150, how do I get my $250 refunded? Many thanks Papillon Luck

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Papillon,

I checked the refund status for you, and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Papillon,

The $250 was already refunded back to you. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account.

Regarding your contract, I would recommend not to release any funds until your freelancer has submitted the work agreed. Once your freelancer has submitted their work on the milestone, you will have 14 days to review it and approve the payment or request for changes. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you so much for confirming this. I've paid into escrow but I won't
pay the freelancer until the work has been done. I've not used Upwork
before so I appreciate the help.

So the money sits in escrow until he's done the work and then I approve it
and upwork release the funds, correct?

Thank you again
Papillon

Hi Papillon,

Yes that is correct. Once the work is completed the freelancer will need to submit their work on the milestone that you`ve already created. 
Once the work is submitted you can review it and approve the payment or request for revisions. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. If something is still confusing, feel free to post your questions here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much, super helpful. Greatly appreciate you reaching out to
confirm. Thanks again

Hi can you help me.?

Sadly the freelance was only able to do the tech element of my email newsletter build and not the design. I thought he could do both but it became apparent when we started the job that he needed me to provide design elements and I don't have any.

So he told me to look for a Klaviyo designer and builder. I've terminated the contract as he's not able to do the job. I'm now worried that he's received the money. Can you confirm I will be refunded the $1150 that I had in escrow?

I've not received an email from Upwork to say I'll get a refund yet and I'm worried that in canceling the contract, he may have been sent the money.

Many thanks
Papillon
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Papillon,

I checked the refund status for you, and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a0d7d5fc
Community Member

That's great thank you so much, phew!
Latest Articles
Learning Paths