🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Reactivate closed account
Page options
daniel-t7
Community Member

Reactivate closed account

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account and can't login again with it. This is kind of a problem as I had messages I wanted to get back to. Is there a way to get into contact with Upwork support to reactivate my real account and close this one? Upwork Help Center does hide all options to contact a real agent. By clicking "Contact a Support Agent" I just get redirect to "help center" site. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! Please click on my name and send me PM with your registered email address and username for another account, the one you accidentally closed, and our team will reopen your account and close the new one! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

81 REPLIES 81
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! Please click on my name and send me PM with your registered email address and username for another account, the one you accidentally closed, and our team will reopen your account and close the new one! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I too have the same problem. Unfortunately, I cannot send you the PM as my account has been accidentally closed. Is it possible that I send you the details through email, so you can reactivate my account?

Hi Eureka, 

I'll go ahead and send you a private message so that you can share with me the details of your old account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7dca04b0
Community Member

Close my account

Hi Lankawe,

Could you please confirm if you need this account you're posting from closed? If so, you can check this help article on how to close your account.

If you need further assistance could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
bf288387
Community Member

I closed my upwork account. Now I want to reopen it. please help.

Hi Muhammad,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of our TOS. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the account you wish to reopen? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1699cbc2
Community Member

I have an initial upwork account as well and I wasn't able to log in for months. My email for that account is

**Edited for community guidelines**Whenever I log in it asks me a code that is sent to my mobile but I don't receive any. Please help. 

Hi Jay,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a4a570cb
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I want to reactivate my old account. I closed it temorarily. I created a new account with another email to be able to send this message. Are you able to help? 

Hi Sara,

I'd be happy to assist you. Please send me a PM with your account details so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
202f64ac
Community Member

Hello,

I mistakenly closed both my freelancer and client accounts while trying to close only the client account. I thought the action would close only the client account since the questions I was asked for reasons why I wanted to close the account where related only to a client account. Now I cannot login to my freelancer account anymore. I just created this account as an ad hoc one to be able to contact Upwork support.

Is there a way to get back my freelancer account, please? 

Hi Enobong,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the closed account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aiman1990
Community Member

Hello, how are you?

i have the same problem, deactivated my account, and now i want to reactivate it.. Please advice.

Thanks,

Hi Aiman,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the username and registered email address of the account you're referring to?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, how are you?

My old account is on **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Username **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Thanks,

Hello Aiman,

I'm pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. You will need to close this account immediately to avoid further account interruption as creating multiple accounts is not allowed as per Upwork TOS

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello,

I mistakenly closed both my freelancer and client accounts while trying to close only the client account. I thought the action would close only the client account since the questions I was asked for reasons why I wanted to close the account where related only to a client account. Now I cannot login to my freelancer account anymore. I just created this account as an ad hoc one to be able to contact Upwork support.

Is there a way to get back my freelancer account, please? I'll give all the details you might need for the reactivation.

d5a6f780
Community Member

Hey Avery O,

I'm facing the same issue can u help me too?

I'll be sharing my email and username in PM.

Kindly check it and solve my issue.

Thank you!

b9999769
Community Member

Hello, Ms. Avery. My name is Caleb, I have a friend, Silver, whose account has been recently closed. She recently became top-rated and the account was locked not long after that. The only mail she got was from support, telling her thanks for reaching out to them and how her experience was, but she did not reach out to them. 
She had a chat with the bot and sent in some details but nothing has been said or done. What can she do, please?

Hi Caleb,

I am sorry to hear about your friend's account. For confidentiality purposes, I am unable to discuss other users account with you. Please request your friend to contact us directly so that we can check and assist your friend directly. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much for your response! As her account has been closed, there is no way she can reach out to you directly. How can she go about this, please? Should she create another account?

Hi Caleb,

Your friend should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Will you please help me reactivate my account? I accidentally closed it and had a message I needed to reply to. I created this secondary account to access the Help Center.

Thank you,

Sheridan 

Hi Sheridan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Once your account is reopened you will need to close this one, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Hello,

My previous account has not yet been restored. I was contacted by a member of the Support Team and provided the email linked to my previous account, but I have not received any contact since then. I emailed the Support Team member twice to check the status of my ticket, but have not received a response. I have an invite I need to respond to, so will someone please help me restore my account?

Thank you,

Sheridan 

Hi Sheridan,

Your old account is restored now. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
135f893b
Community Member

Hello,

I would also like to reactivate an account. I made one as a freelancer by accident. I meant to make it as a client so I closed the account but it would not let me use that email again. I researched that you can use one account for more than one purpose so I’d like to reopen my other account to do just that.

Thank you,
Christian

Hi Christian,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
0689f9b1
Community Member

Hi, 

I need to change my account's name registered, I opened the account with my partner, and he is not part of the company anymore.  I need to change the name in order to be able to verify the account. 

I've requested the name change several times but it does not accept the name change. 

¿What other ways can I change the name?

Thanks

Hi Alejandro,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've closed my account accidently. my email is **Edited for community guidelines**. Please assist in recovering my account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Your account was successfully restored as per your request. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

Hope all is well. I need to reactivate my closed account. My username is **Edited for community guidelines**. Can you please help me to reactivate my account.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Hansa

Hi Hansa,

Since the old account's email address is the same as the email address from this account that you are posting from, we can't reopen it. Please change the email address associated with this account so that I can reinstate the old account as requested. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
nicca16
Community Member

My Account was closed too, so i created another account using same email to be able to have access to get help!

Hi Nicca,

Could you please send me a PM with your account details so I can check this for you? You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c4d3ea06
Community Member

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account and can't log in again. This is kind of a problem as I had messages I wanted to get back to. Is there a way to get into contact with Upwork support to reactivate my real account and close this one? Upwork Help Center does hide all options to contact a real agent. By clicking "Contact a Support Agent," I just get redirected to the "help center" site. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths