🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can I reactivate an old freelance account...
Page options
daniel-t7
Community Member

Reactivate closed account

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account and can't login again with it. This is kind of a problem as I had messages I wanted to get back to. Is there a way to get into contact with Upwork support to reactivate my real account and close this one? Upwork Help Center does hide all options to contact a real agent. By clicking "Contact a Support Agent" I just get redirect to "help center" site. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! Please click on my name and send me PM with your registered email address and username for another account, the one you accidentally closed, and our team will reopen your account and close the new one! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

81 REPLIES 81

Hi Md Jahangir,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, I have accidently closed my account and want to get back the old account and close new one, please

Hi Bengal,

Please share the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Preston V. I mistakenly closed my Upwork account hoping that I can create a new one. But now I found out it's a violation of Upwork ToS. That's why I want to recover my closed account. Please help me in this regard. my email id for closed account is **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Asif,

Your account has been restored as per your request. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's TOS.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much. It has been restored but after closing it I had tried to open a new account which is not approved yet. I want to delete this new account but cannot do it as it's not approved. Please delete that new account. It's email is **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Asif,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
af630ac7
Community Member

i want to reactivate my old account . i accidently delete my whole account. please help me . i want my account back please 

shubham rathore

Hi Shubham,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi. I mistakenly closed my upwork account in order to create a new account, but now I found out that this is a violation of upwork ToS. I want to recover my previous account. How can I do this. Please help me.

Kind Regards, 

Asif

aiman1990
Community Member

Hello, How are you? Im having the same problem, i created this account to send you the message.. I want to reactivate my old account, can you help me please?

Thanks,

f99c074e
Community Member

I have tried to send you PM, however the privilages were not suffient to send to a PM. How it could be done?

Hi Emre,

Due to our Community settings, new users need to wait up to 2 hours for their rank to update from 'New Forum Member' to 'Active Member' after which, they can use the private message option. Once that happens to you, feel free to send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3a63b290
Community Member

I want reactivate my closed account.
Please help that's my freelance account

Please reactivate my old account **Edited for community guidelines**

401af970
Community Member

Hi i created an account on upworks but selected for a project instead of free lancer. I closed the account. in order to resignup as a free lancer but have not been able to login with the account again. i created a new profile with this new account, but the email i used for my old account is my active email which i would like to maintain on upworks. can i please get some assistance with this 

**Edited for community guidelines**

my current email address i am using to send this message is 
the suspended email is

Hi Richard,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
cea24d6f
Community Member

• Hi I badly needed your help in reactivating my closed account. Here is my email associated with the old account**Edited for community guidelines** and the name under that account is John Paul Dela Paz. Please help me. 

Hi John Paul,

I checked the account you're referring to and it looks like you already submitted a ticket to our team. Please allow time for the team to check and update your ticket. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you with your request. I'd also like to remind you that freelancers are only allowed to have one account. Having a duplicate account is a violation of Upwork TOS. Once you are able to access your account, please close this one that you're using to post in the community. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f9fdfb7f
Community Member

I want to reopen my closed account

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Finch,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
09a837e3
Community Member

Hi,

my account has been closed. It is an urgent for me to get it activate as soon as possible. Please, help me, since your bot couldn't have. I am waiting few days and account is still not activate.

Hi Luka,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? We'll be happy to look into it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
77hughes
Community Member

Hello,

I had a freelance account earlier this year and was approved, but I had to close my account.

I was wondering am i able to have it reactivated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. i am still using the same e-mail that i signed up with  when my application was approved.

Hi Shane,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok thank you i appreciate it

I accidentally deleted my freelancer account while deleting my agency account.

Is there any chance that I get it back?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dawood,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
35a286b5
Community Member

Hello,

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account and can't login again with it. This is kind of a problem as I had messages I wanted to get back to. Is there a way to get into contact with Upwork support to reactivate my real account and close this one? Upwork Help Center does hide all options to contact a real agent. By clicking "Contact a Support Agent" I just get redirect to "help center" site. 

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account. it`s my big mistake. So i am sorry. But i want to reactivate my (**Edited for community guidelines**) account. Help me plesae?

My account details-

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Abu,

Your account has been restored as per your request. Please close your new account. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,
My brother requested to deactivate his account but didnt get any warning prior to this. He needs to use the account to check some things. would you be able to help reactivate the account please? 
Name was **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I can send you his registered e-mail.
Thank you

Hello Ali,

Thank you for your message. We would need the account holder to contact us directly to place this request. Your brother to contact us on any of our social media pages to place this request.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi, he was asking, should he make a new account with an alternative e-mail?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you're referring to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account and can't login again with it. This is kind of a problem as I had messages I wanted to get back to. Is there a way to get into contact with Upwork support to reactivate my real account and close this one? Upwork Help Center does hide all options to contact a real agent. By clicking "Contact a Support Agent" I just get redirect to "help center" site.

3a63b290
Community Member

Hello I closed my account few months ago now I want recover it back. When I try to login it says invalid username. If I try to sign up it says email already exist.
Please help to solve my issue
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zahar,

I'll be happy to help you. I was unable to locate your other account, however. Do you mind sending me a private message by clicking on my name and clicking on the "Message" button on the next page so that we can discuss this further? 

As a gentle reminder, please know that users cannot have more than one freelancer account. As such, once your old account is reinstated, we will need to close this account you are posting from. 

I'll wait for your message. 

~ Avery
Upwork
3a63b290
Community Member

It is just loading can't send you a message
The account which I wants to get reactivated belongs to my friend
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zahar,

You can't reopen the account that doesn't belong to you, only the account owner can which is your friend. You can let them know to reach out to us on any official Upwork social media pages so we can help. You can find the direct links in the footer section of the Community as shown here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi Aleksandar, please reactivate my old account **Edited for community guidelines**  i open this account to write you

Latest Articles
Learning Paths