cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate closed account

Highlighted
Daniel B Member Since: Aug 11, 2018
1 of 15

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account and can't login again with it. This is kind of a problem as I had messages I wanted to get back to. Is there a way to get into contact with Upwork support to reactivate my real account and close this one? Upwork Help Center does hide all options to contact a real agent. By clicking "Contact a Support Agent" I just get redirect to "help center" site. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 15

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! Please click on my name and send me PM with your registered email address and username for another account, the one you accidentally closed, and our team will reopen your account and close the new one! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Eureka P Member Since: May 21, 2019
3 of 15

Hello,

I too have the same problem. Unfortunately, I cannot send you the PM as my account has been accidentally closed. Is it possible that I send you the details through email, so you can reactivate my account?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 15

Hi Eureka, 

I'll go ahead and send you a private message so that you can share with me the details of your old account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Sheridan H Member Since: Aug 14, 2019
5 of 15

Hi Bojan,

Will you please help me reactivate my account? I accidentally closed it and had a message I needed to reply to. I created this secondary account to access the Help Center.

Thank you,

Sheridan 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 15

Hi Sheridan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Once your account is reopened you will need to close this one, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
7 of 15
Thank you!
Highlighted
8 of 15

Hello,

My previous account has not yet been restored. I was contacted by a member of the Support Team and provided the email linked to my previous account, but I have not received any contact since then. I emailed the Support Team member twice to check the status of my ticket, but have not received a response. I have an invite I need to respond to, so will someone please help me restore my account?

Thank you,

Sheridan 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 15

Hi Sheridan,

Your old account is restored now. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Alejandro G Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
10 of 15

Hi, 

I need to change my account's name registered, I opened the account with my partner, and he is not part of the company anymore.  I need to change the name in order to be able to verify the account. 

I've requested the name change several times but it does not accept the name change. 

¿What other ways can I change the name?

Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS