947102f9

Really really poor CEX

Do any other clients have extreme frustration when logging complaints with Upwork? I have been using Upwork for years and we spend a massive amount on here, however when I log a complaint it just gets "assigned" to someone and then ignored. I reply everyday to the follow up ticket and I talk with the chat operators, they all say the same thing. It has been assigned to someone, I will send them a follow up. And then nothing. I follow up again and again with the same response. Really terrible CEX most times I have had interaction with the chat team or escalation team over the years. Current ticket open for 13 days, with 13 days of silence!

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter

What do you mean by "logging complaints with Upwork?"

If there is something that you think should be changed, or something that can be added, or improved, then the best place to discuss it is here in the Community Forum.

If you have a problem with your account that you think requires an Upwork staff member/employee to resolve, then I think your time is still best spent posting questions or descriptions of the problem in the Community Forum. Experienced users may be able to tell you how to resolve this.

I do not regard filing tickets with Customer Support as a wise use of my time. Maybe you can give us an idea of what kinds of things you are are having trouble contacting them about?

In a nut shell, my company runs several projects using Upwork and we have brought 90% of our own employees to the network.

Under one of my accounts we had to switch a number of agents from one project to another which Upwork classifies as a different "client" but it is not. Now my freelancers are getting stung with the 20% Upwork fee and have to start from scratch again.

I logged this as a ticket and continue to be ignored.

It is really not acceptable for a client to have a request like this ignored or handled slowly or improperly.

My hope is that a forum moderator sees this thread and is able to elevate the ticket to a high-priority status. That often happens.

Unfortunately, if you have more than one account, you represent more than one client in the eyes of the system.

All the people who are working with Upwork at your end should have an access and a role in your (unique) client's account. so they can hire and manage freelancers under this account.

There is no fix for your situation.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Yeah I think it might be time to move to another platform 

@Rene K wrote:

Unfortunately, if you have more than one account, you represent more than one client in the eyes of the system.

No, they will fix this if you ask. This was brought up and suddenly my client with 3 accounts got merged.

OP, I think your request has to be escalated. 

OK, I stand corrected.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

If you have any, you should ping them. For me, it was the difference of being over the $10k limit.

Ouch!  This really does take the "free" out of freelancing.  

With too many entrapments, paramenters and obligations to UpWork, the freelancer rapidly arrives at the same situation drivers for FedEx found themselves.  When are they employees and when are they still contractors?  The FedEx drivers won their lawsuit, by the way, to the tune of $228M. 

@Charles W wrote:

Ouch!  This really does take the "free" out of freelancing.  

With too many entrapments, paramenters and obligations to UpWork, the freelancer rapidly arrives at the same situation drivers for FedEx found themselves.  When are they employees and when are they still contractors?  The FedEx drivers won their lawsuit, by the way, to the tune of $228M. 

Of which, the lawyers got 227.999.000 million and the drivers got a buck. Shoulda gone to law school instead of driving a truck.

"I do not regard filing tickets with Customer Support as a wise use of my time."

Huh?  Then what should it be called?  Customer Non-Support?
I have had a good experience here so far but reading this O/P is disturbing knowing that I don't have time to waste with a dysfunctional client support system whose own freelance workers say is not worth my time.  geez.  

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wade,

I apologize for the delays you experienced. A member of our team will get in touch with you shortly and address your concerns.

This is not something we take lightly as we value the time you are offering for this.

~ Valeria
Upwork
cupidmedia

Your situation is bad, Wade, but in fairness your ticket *would* need to be escalated. It's not something that the basic first level support would be able to deal with. However, it does sound like the escalation process hasn't been smooth. Hopefully this gets sorted out for you soon.

I'd like to add, though, that my experience with customer service has always been very smooth. I get fast, helpful responses to my tickets. So I don't think their customer service is all bad.