cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconsider a cancelled contract

08465ea2
Ali M Member Since: Sep 9, 2016
1 of 9

I cancelled a contract recently but my freelancer promise to work well this time. So I want to revoke back this change somehow mean I want to continue the project or atleast review the ratings of the freelancer. How can I do that ? Thanks for help/

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 9

Hi Ali, 

Please use the rehire button next to the ended contract and the freelancer's name on your home page, in order to send them a new offer, create a new contract, and be able to rate and pay them after they deliver the work as agreed.

Untitled
08465ea2
3 of 9

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your time, but in this way i can not revoke my cancelled contract or review them right? Is there any way to edit the rating of a cancelled contract ?
Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Ali,

Yes, your freelancer can enable you to change their feedback but do note that you need to issue a bonus payment on their contract for the additional work they deliver, as per Upwork ToS.

Untitled
screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
5 of 9

@Ali M wrote:

I cancelled a contract recently but my freelancer promise to work well this time.

If the freelancer didn't do a good job the first time why do you expect a different result if you rehire? There are most likely many qualified freelancers who will do a great job from the beginning and you won't have to worry about your projects being incomplete or done shoddily.

So I want to revoke back this change somehow mean I want to continue the project or atleast review the ratings of the freelancer.

If you rated the freelancer honestly based on the quality of work, etc., then why would you change your review? 

08465ea2
6 of 9

I rated him when I was angry. So my anger may have made me baised. 

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
7 of 9

@Ali M wrote:

I rated him when I was angry. So my anger may have made me baised. 

In your anger, you were honest I take it? If you were then let it stand. If you were not then you have learned a lesson to wait until your anger subsides before reviewing a person.

But to me, if the freelancer didn't work as promised you have to make note of that. It doesn't help freelancer if you don't let them know what they can improve upon and it doesn't help the next client if you don't tell the truth either. If you change your review to something that sounds a lot better in favor of the freelancer no one wins in my opinion. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 9

re: "I rated him when I was angry. So my anger may have made me baised."

This is a valid observation.

What I regard as the "first rule of email" is this:

If you read an email that makes you angry, never answer it immediately.

Wait a while, maybe until the next day, before answering.

A similar principle might be applied to writing feedback comments. In the future. How to handle a past situation may be trickier.

browersr
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
9 of 9

Answers to how do this were given.  I think we should be careful about making assumptions when we have no idea what went on.  My first reaction as well is that perhaps the freelancer is somehow conning him into coming back.  However, one could easily see a situation where something didn't work out and the client became angry only to later understand better the situation.  At the end of the day we have no idea what happened here and so taking it on face value I say kudos to the client for being wiling to correct what sounds like an unfair review made in the heat of the moment. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS