cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Events - Most ZEROS

Mindaugas M Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
1 of 5

Hi, I just hired a VA for the first time and she is working only for 4 days.  I feel somehow that she is not working at full capacity. I  didn`t gave here any deadline, but that is not the reason not to work. I feel that in 4 days shoud have been done more. When I checked  recorded events I found a lot of zeros.( Keyboard, Mouse)  Is that confirms that she is not working ? In the picture attached is only small part. There is places where she is  idle for half an hour.  Am I right asuming that she`s not working? Thanks

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Mindaugas,

Please follow up with your freelancer and ask them for an explanation. Note that you can dispute any segments that are showing idle or low activity, or aren't related to your job. Speak with your freelancer about removing these from the Work Diary and consider setting a timeline for your project, so you both can have same expectations.

Community Leader
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
3 of 5

@Vladimir,

I remember a similar question was posted by another client some time ago, where the time log showed 10/10 active minutes but 0 mouse/keyboard actions.

This wasn't explained or resolved in the forums (as far as I recall) so I just wanted to point out that the time log will show 10/10 with no clicks if the freelancer is playing a video.

(Maybe this is not the case for these freelancers, but it's one way of having all green bars with 0 mouse/keyboard actions)

I thought it was cool, though, as I was editing a video for a client - otherwise I would've had to intentionally click around just for the sake of green bars.

But it's potentially a loop hole that might be worth investigating a bit. Also, if video playback can cause 10/10 activity, then it's quite possible that there's other software that will similarly "confuse" the tracker.

-- If this is how the Tracker is in fact supposed to work, sorry for pointing out the obvious! 

Cheers,
Ines

Community Leader
AHS SHOHEL A Member Since: May 19, 2016
4 of 5

While working on hourly, Upwork time tracker records activity levels. Most of the cases, activity level shows 7-10 out of 10 with many mouse and keyboard actions- that is what I have seen from my experience. 

Shohel
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Mindaugas, I'm not sure why you need to ask a question here. You can choose to close the contract on a freelancer at any time, for any reason.

Hire five people to do this job for a short time and continue working only with the best. That way you maximize your funds and maximize the quality of the work that is being done.

Maybe this freelancer's numbers look off, but her results are the best. Or maybe she is the worst out of all five people you hire. How will you know until you hire them and evaluate their results?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS