🐈
» Forums » Clients » Recurring payment problems with VISA's 3D sec...
Page options
b4983b9d
Community Member

Recurring payment problems with VISA's 3D secure

Hi everyone,

Upwork's implementation of VISA's 3D secure is causing us recurring payment problems. They do not go through, especially on hourly contracts where payment is made each week automatically. Our credit card issues hold the transaction because (by their information) Upwork doesn't comply with the regulatory rules set in place for payments in the European Union.

Next, Upwork puts our account on hold and even suspends it until it works again. Unfortunately, adding another payment option (which we can not use) to remove and reinstate the VISA card doesn't work.

We are not a small client here on Upwork, but it is impossible to contact someone at Upwork directly, which is a problem in my eyes. It is not possible to switch to another payment solution as this is the way that we as a company rely on. The help section of Upwork doesn't provide information for that case.

Anyone can help how and where we can address this?
Thanx

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Stefan, your post has been flagged for moderator intervention. I believe someone from Upwork will reach out to you soon.

AndreaG

Hi Stefan,

Apologies for the delay in our response. We've escalated your concern and one of our agents has already reached out to you via support ticket here to provide more information and assist you with your account hold. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply directly to our team and they'll be happy to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
1f62dc21
Community Member

Hey, Andrea!

Was this issue resolved?
We seem to have a very similar problem to the one described above.
Best,
Cristi

Hi Cristi,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1f62dc21
Community Member

Stefan,  mind sharing what was the resolution here?
Almost one year later from this post, and we're confronting with the same issue.
Cheers!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths