🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Charged and upgraded to Upwork plus witho...
Page options
b584303f
Community Member

Refund For Membership Plan Renewal Charges

Hey Upwork,

Today, Upwork deductated for Membership Plan Renewal Charges but I don't want to countinue with updated plan so I want to cancel plus plan and refund for same.

Thanks,
Monali

170 REPLIES 170

I would like to refund for upwork Plus membership. I did not subscribe to the membership, and i did not receive any notification from upwork that i was going to be charged for this. Would like to know how I can get a refund for the fee I was charged. As I will not be using Upwork Plus

Hi Billy,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the membership refund. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on the ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Upwork,

I just saw that I was charged for the Plus membership while I thought it was canceled? since I have not really used the platform and anything for the last few weeks.

I have disabled the Plus membership for good this time, so can you please reverse the transaction and refund me? It's only been a couple of minutes and I am not planning to use the plus resources at this time.

Thank you.

Best

Hi Ruby,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue, Upwork charged me without consent or knowledge, please add a ticket for me too. This is not ok

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emmanuel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Folks,

I received a bill for a subscription renewal. I did not know my account would auto-renew. I am not using the service. Please refund my account.

Regards,

Adam

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

I apologize for the late response. It looks like our support team already addressed your request and assisted you via a support ticket. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same issue can upwork get in touch please?

Hi Andrii,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi upwork,

Yesterday, there was no news that the monthly fee of US $49.99 was deducted from my account.

I don't need a plus member, just a basic member. Please return the money to the original account.

Best,

Ivy

Hi Ivy,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I have been charged automatically for the plus account 49.99$ which I didn’t know about at all, besides I paid an extra fee already when I hired the freelancer. Please refund!!

Hi Agnieszka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that one of our agents already followed up with you on your support ticket. Feel free to check your ticket for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

We recently joined Upwork and were charged to be a member of Upwork Plus when we signed up for Upwork Basic.

How did i arrange a refund for the these monthly fee's?

Hi Kardan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ive just been charged to upgrade to Upwork Plus. Without my permission. Why was this done? We did not sign for this nor did we approve or ask for it. This has to be an Illegal transaction.
I EXPECT UPWORK TO REFUND OUR MONEY IMMEDIATELY.

Same thing happened to me, I have no idea why they had no notification! It’s a complete illegal transaction

Hello, I have been charged automatically for the plus account 49.99$ which I didn’t knew about at all, beside I payed an extra fee already when I hired the freelancer. Please refund!!

Regards

Hi Arsalaan,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d467658f
Community Member

same thing happend to me. 

my account was upgraded without my consent. before i report it to my bank, please return my money. 

thanks. 

Alex mekonen

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Carl,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our team members is already assisting you regarding this issue. The agent will update your ticket, providing further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I got a response from Freelancer followed immediately by a refund **Edited for Community Guidelines**. The response stated that even though the case was closed in favor of them, they refunded the money as a courtesy.

Hi Kareem,

I checked your account but couldn't find any request for a refund. Are you referring to another account? If so, could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the other account so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same thing happened to me. I did not sign up for Upwork Plus and it just charged my credit card. Illegal. I will pursue to secure a refund. 

Hi Rob,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

the same issue happened to me yesterday, I got charged 49,99 and my account changed to upwork plus, even though I never signed up for it, nor do I need this membership. Please refund immediately!

David

Hi David,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
fbcdba5a
Community Member

Can u tell us why this has taken so long?

Need refund.
I never opted for that
I don’t want this
Please refund my amount.

Hi Anika,

I checked and it looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team. Please allow some time for them to review and they will update you directly via ticket to assist you further with your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm automatically been subscribed to upwork plus, and have been charged for USD 49.99. But I did not need upwork plus, basic is already good for me. Is there any way to request for a refund as I'm not really active on upwork?
Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yoki, 

I'll be happy to forward your concern to our Customer Support Team. They will reach out to you through an email and assist you further with your request. 

~ Avery
Upwork
54aabe00
Community Member

Hello,
I was charged for the Upwork Plus membership last night and I had never planned on renewing the Plus membership. Am I able to get a refund? I’d like to continue using Upwork in the future but just don’t need the Plus plan and would like to get that membership fee refunded.

Thank you

Hi Zach,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership charge. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
25717e55
Community Member

Hi there!

My account was upgraded to Upwork Plus without me realizing it. I don't need Upwork Plus - the Basic plan covers everything I use Upwork for - I've only had it for 6 days and I already switched back to the Basic membership. Is there any way that I can a refund (or at least a prorated refund) for the membership fee?

Thank you,

Miriam

Hi Miriam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the charge for our Plus plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cd668d78
Community Member

Hi! Recently I firtsly was charged with a membership fee. I guess I was signed for it for mistake. Is it possiple  to request a refund? Thanks a lot for the help. 

Hi Dina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths