🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Refund For Membership Plan Renewal Charge...
Page options
b584303f
Community Member

Refund For Membership Plan Renewal Charges

Hey Upwork,

Today, Upwork deductated for Membership Plan Renewal Charges but I don't want to countinue with updated plan so I want to cancel plus plan and refund for same.

Thanks,
Monali

170 REPLIES 170
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Monali,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership charge. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Still no one reach me from your team member. Kindly request you please solve my issue.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Monali,

A member of the team has reached out to you already. You should be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9894c83
Community Member

Hi,

Same happened to me from these fraudsters.

I do not need any upgrade or any useless subscription and want a full refund.

I used this service once and I did not upgrade it.

This company is completely dodgy and day light robbers.

I tried to contact them many times, but there is no way to contact them.

No contact number or email address.

Please contact me ASAP otherwise I will take a legal action and I have already reported to my bank about this fraud.

Please reply me ASAP.

Regards,

Adam

b9894c83
Community Member

Hi,

Please contact me ASAP otherwise I will take a legal action and I have already reported to my bank about this fraud.

Please reply me ASAP.

Kind Regads,

Adam A

Hi Adam,

I am truly sorry if this was incorrectly billed to you. I've shared your concern with the team and one of our agents has reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

The same happened to me. I don't want any upgrade and want a refund. This is really pathetic. I am paying more for a useless membership than to the actual developer. This is cheating. I will definitely take a legal action. 

I have the same problem. I was unknowingly upgraded to Upwork Plus and charged $49.99 without my consent or agreement. Please refund my money. I never wanted anything but the Basic membership plan. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, I was charged for a Plus membership plan today but I did not opt in to this feature and have been charged for it, I wanted to use the Basic version.

My support ticket is 29179164, and I have also open a dispute via PayPal.

Could you please refund me the Plus membership charge? I have cancelled the membership as soon as I got the charge notification.

Regards

Robert

Hi,

Please reply me ASAP.

Does upwork provide refund after downgrading of membership plan

496ecc3c
Community Member

Hello,

I was unknowingly upgraded to Upwork Plus and charged $49.99 without my consent or agreement. Please refund my money. I never wanted anything but the Basic membership plan. 

Hi Abby,

Thanks for reaching out to us. A refund was initiated and you can expect the funds to reflect on your account within 5 business days.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I too want a refund. Please refund the amount. I have already canceled the membership. I never wanted it. Never asked for it. Please refund

Hi Abha,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

are able to get refund for it ?

Hi Zevadhi,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I am requesting a refund for my membership upgrade, as I did not realize that it automatically charges $49.99. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seth,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, I was charged for a Plus membership plan today but I did not opt in to this feature and I have been charged for it, I wanted to use the Basic version.

My support ticket is 29179164, and I have also open a dispute via PayPal.

Could you please refund me the Plus membership charge as I was unaware about this? I have cancelled the membership as soon as I got the charge notification.

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

I have shared your concern with our team, including the ticket number you provided. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello - I've just realised that I was charged Plus membership two months in a row without my knowledge. I never signed up for a plus plan and want a refund. Please get in touch with me about hot to arrange it. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

~ Bojan
Upwork

I did not authorize a payment for upwork plus how do I contact support for a refund and cancelation

During the past couple weeks I have seen dozens of identical complaints posted here in the Forum. Some sort of systemic mistake appears to have been made by Upwork. It can't be a coincidence.

It would make sense to group all of these posts together in the same thread.

It would also make sense to get to the bottom of this... figure out why this is happening.

Hi Chase, and Preston,

Chase, I shared your request with the rest of my team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Preston, thanks for the suggestion! I will share it with the rest of the team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I was charged $49 without permission. Some type of charge for Upwork premium that I don't use or signed up for. This seems like bad practice from you end. Please fix and refund.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I was just charged for an Upwork Plus plan but did not want it. Please let me know what is needed to refund this payment. Thank you. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christopher,

~ Bojan
Upwork

i woke up this morning to a unauthorized $49.99 charge for a subscription i never agreed too.  i need a refund for this unauthorize charge and would like to speak with an upwork rep as soon as possible to process this refund. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nick.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I woudl like a refund as I did not agree to subscribe to upwork plus.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ben.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I woke this morning to find that I have been charged for Upwork Plus which I neither want or need. Opt-out charging is very dodgy,  extremely unethical and actually illegal in many countries. Please assist in cancelling this subscription and refunding the charge?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

~ Bojan
Upwork
6a3b35be
Community Member

Hi, 

I was not aware of the Plus membership and I would like to request a refund on the upgrade fee. Thanks. 

Ting

Hi Ting,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths