🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why something got the money from my card?
Page options
b584303f
Community Member

Refund For Membership Plan Renewal Charges

Hey Upwork,

Today, Upwork deductated for Membership Plan Renewal Charges but I don't want to countinue with updated plan so I want to cancel plus plan and refund for same.

Thanks,
Monali

170 REPLIES 170

Hello

I am sorry for inconvenience, i got charged for monthly memebership, i thought i was on free account, i got a message i got charged  49 bucks, i want to stay on free plan 

Hi Alysia,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I just received a $50 charge and realized that I was upgraded to Upwork Plus without my permission. I downgraded my membership but would like a refund. Thanks

You can contact the suppor team and tell them that the membership upgrade wasn't that you meant, and you need them to refund the membership fee paid.

But as far as I know, it's not bad to keep your plus membership. It will help you more than you pay. 🙂

Here's the link to upwork support team.

https://support.upwork.com

I tried to contact support through the link but i keep being sent back to this community. I'm sure its a no brainer for folks that use this platform often, but I find it super frustrating!

You will need to login to the help center, you can choose your account type: freelancer, client, or something like that. And then click get help button. 

The support agent will come to you shortly.

thanks but again, sending me back to the community chat.

Is there a moderator here that can pass this along? Its so frustrating that we can't reach support directly.

Hi Rani,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of the team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I tried to raise this issue in a more private way, but after your support bot continually pushed me here, I've decided to post my concern that Upwork support changed my account from Free to Plus and then immediately charged me $49! Can you please explicitly (and preferably no publicly!) show me where I agreed to this?

I also await your refund before I take it up with my bank.

Regards

Mark. 

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 15.17.43.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I have been charged for a monthly membership fee several times, I did not sign up for this whatever it is. Can you please refund this and cancel this? I am very displeased, as I did not sign up for this. 

Thanks,

Leanne Oaten

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Leanne.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I did some work with a freelancer through Upwork a few weeks ago, they designed my FB banner.  I paid them.  I have since been receiving emails from Upwork about a premium trial.  Since I never requested a trial, I ignored them.  Now I've received an email saying they've taken payment of £49.99 from my paypal account.  I have no idea what it's for or how to contact anyone.  Can someone please help?

Hi Claire,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks so much for your reply and it's all been sorted. Speedy response and resolution. Much appreciated!

I was upgraded to Upwork plus today when I never requested it and debited $50.I have cancelled this as I am not currently recruiting and would like a refund!

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I was unaware that I had automatically been signed up to the UpWork premium subscription, I didn't approve this payment or want it to be taken.  My bank has refunded it to my account.  I created an UpWork account for a one-off piece of work I needed to hire for.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jordan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your refund request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I signed up to try Upwork with basic plan (Free).  I got charged $49.99 for a pro without signing up for it.  How to dispute?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Pishoy.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,

I was charged for a UpWork Plus account without notice. I did not want to be charged for UpWork plus and want a refund, how do I do this?

Hi,

How can I receive a refund for this? Not sure how this works. Thanks in advance. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Megan.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I got charged 49.99 plz refund. I need basic plan only. idno y I got charged.

Hi Dan,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Our account was charged a membership fee 10 times on June 12 and June 13.

Can you reverse these fees?

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Michael.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have been charged $50 for a plus account for some reason, when I try to contact support I get sent here. How do I talk to support to get a refund?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, James.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I thought I canceled my plus membership, but I was charged today. I haven't been and won't be using the membership and I'm wondering if I can request a refund. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yuya,

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there - I was just charged for upwork plus but never signed up. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dani.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.  

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am in need of a refund. I had no idea I chose the premium plan and was charged $50 bucks. This was just a few minutes back. How can I get a refund on this. Please help me!

Hi Naveen,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,I don't understand why something got my money from my card. Please help me to her a refund and close my account. **Edited for Community Guidelines** - I found this invoice, but I didn't buy that. Please help me. Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dima,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED $50 BY FRAUD BY UPWORK.COM 

I DO NOT NEED ANY OF YOUR **Edited for Community Guidelines**. JUST REFUND ME MY MONEY BACK OR I WILL BE DISPUTING THE CHARGES WITH MY BANK.

Hi Sujith, 

I checked and see that you've already spoken to our customer support and the issue has been sorted out. Please, refer to the support ticket here. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to follow up here or directly via that support ticket. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths