🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund For Membership Plan Renewal Charges
Page options
b584303f
Community Member

Refund For Membership Plan Renewal Charges

Hey Upwork,

Today, Upwork deductated for Membership Plan Renewal Charges but I don't want to countinue with updated plan so I want to cancel plus plan and refund for same.

Thanks,
Monali

170 REPLIES 170
0f24060a
Community Member

I would like to speak to someone about my Upwork memebership and a possible refund

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kenneth.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0ea304d3
Community Member

I would like to get a refund for the Upwork Plus membership charge that I didn't opt into

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Haley,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I would like to get a refund to the Freelancer plus subscription charge that I did not have access to.

Hi Sabina,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c9c9cde3
Community Member

Please refund me the recent Plus charge. I did not opt in to this feature and have been charged for it, I wanted to use the Basic version.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyle,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e913d0d8
Community Member

Hello, 

How do I request a refund for upwork Plus membership. I did not subscribe to the membership, and i did not receive any notification from upwork that they will be deducting the fee from my card. Would appreciate if someone may advice on how to request for the refund. 

Thank you. 

Hi Eugina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I just upgraded my profile to a Freelancer plus because I understood that with that membership I can hide my past earnings completely, even when I apply for a job or get invited to a job and ufortunately that was not the case. I would like to know is it possible to get a refund for membership fee $14.99? 🙂

Thanks,

Aleksandra

Hi Aleksandra, 

To be able to hide your earnings, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Profile Settings
  2. Click the box for Earning Privacy

This setting hides historical earnings on your profile. Your earnings will still be visible when you submit proposals or accept invitations to interview. Please know that refunding the fee on a Freelancer Plus plan is approved on a case-to-case basis. If you would still like to check if the team can refund your membership fee upgrade, let me know so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, I would still like a refund. My profile is private meaning that only clients or potential clients can see my historical earnings and I upgraded my profile thinking that I would be able to hide my earnings from them because no one else can't see it anyway, and if I can't hide it from them, in a way, I'm not getting anything from upgraded membership. I really felt that this membership feature was presented like freelancer can hide their earnings from everybody and always and unfortunately that was not the case and I found out that after I paid. I'm sorry to say this but I feel like this was misleading. 😕

I would really apreciate if you could help me with this.

Thanks,

Aleksandra

Hi Aleksandra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership fee. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you, but no one has contacted me yet. It's not urgent ofcourse I just wanted to make sure you didn't forget about me 🙂

Thanks,

Aleksandra

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Aleksandra.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
743661ac
Community Member

Same for me, UpWork charged me the membership plan but i don't want that, I want the refound (50$). I haven't set anywhere that i wanted to pay for the membership. Please contact me and refund me

Hi Edoardo,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Hafiz Shayan,

I checked your account, and it looks like you withdrew your funds via local bank transfer. Local bank transfers may take up to 5 business days before it is reflected in your account. You can check your transaction history to view the transaction. If you do not see the funds in your account after 8 business days, kindly let us know so we can initiate a trace for you. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Adam,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
87f5b5b0
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Same issue here. Autmoatically subscribed to a plan I never requested.

Can I please speak to somebody about this?

Hi Kudret,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I didn't want to subscribe for the upcoming month, can I cancel the subscription and get a refund for August? Thank you
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I would like to get a refund for the Upwork Plus membership charge that I didn't opt into

Hi Luiz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also did not subscribe to Upwork Plus! Please refund immediately!

Hi Simon,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
infoway_oakleaf
Community Member

The same thing happened to me. They renew my monthly subscription without my grant. This is very ridiculous I want my money back.

Hi Jay,

~ Goran
Upwork

Please reach out to me soonest to solve issue on unwanted membership upgrade. I would like have refund.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Beatrijs.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
df6038b0
Community Member

Hello, Good Morning lovely Upwork Team!

Could Someone of your team please reach out to me, I’d like to get a refund for the recent subscription renewal as well. I thought I had cancelled my membership last month, it would be great if I could get a refund for Januar 2021.

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day

Hi Frederik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
df6038b0
Community Member

Perfect, thank you!
gibbiv
Community Member

I have a freelancer and client account under the email**Edited for community guidelines**. I don’t have a membership but have been getting charged about $50 every month since last November. I have also not used your platform since then. Please refund/advise.

Hi Robert,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I would also like a refund. Thanks, in advanced, for your assistance.

Hi Ricky,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c7614db3
Community Member

I paid for membership upgrade that I did not want. I want to have a refund. But I can not find contact details or possibility for complaints.
Please send me information to handle this soonest.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths