🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund Given
Page options
563dddf5
Community Member

Refund Given

Hello as a client I got this message from Upwork Refunded given here is the info Invoice #: 409008787

What I would like to know is when will the refund be given back when will the money show up in my account I've had 2 Refund given yet it's not showing in my Upwork account either on my billing card so leaves me to wonder where is this money? Please help thanks

10 REPLIES 10
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Akwara,

I checked and it looks like the invoices for your Hourly contract (transaction IDs: 410777934 and 409008782) were charged from the refunds you're referring to.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply I mean it was refunded to me from the freelancer account amounting to 300$ as per invoice 150$ the freelancer said the money was in his pending account but suddenly returned by a refund but I don't see it in my account can you please help clear this up thanks?

Hi Akwara,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, Two of my fixed price jobs were suddenly refunded by Upwork. Kindly help

re: "Two of my fixed price jobs were suddenly refunded by Upwork. Kindly help"

There is probably nothing that can be done.

Lately, when we read about fixed-price money being suddenly refunded by Upwork, these incidents are associated with scammers posing as "clients", using stolen credit card numbers to post funds and trick freelancers. But then the money must be refunded because it was not a valid credit card payment.

Can you tell us more about the nature of the job?
Did it involve cryptocurrency?

That's not exactly right, except for when they use bonuses as payments. Escrow funds are actually charged to the card, so they have gone through at that point if they show up in escrow. If a client wanted that money back they would have to ask Upwork or the client for a refund, Bonus payments are not charged until the job has been completed and the freelancer tries to claim them, at which point the card is charged and then is discovred to be stolen. But please correct me if i'm wrong.

Your description is probably better than mine.

I just know I have seen lots of reports of sudden unexpected refunds, and I don't recall ever hearing about the freelancer getting the money in the end when that happens.

Hi Oluwatomisin,

I can see that one of our agents has already reached out to you. You can access the ticket by logging in to your Upwork account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
60f4ee40
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Oluwatomisin,

Hello Joanne, I have received a message from one of my previous translation contracts that a refund was given to a client for the work I've already completed.

There were 2 fixed price contacts payment that was taken back from me. 

0AAC549C-D356-4A85-8E93-20617E8004B8.jpeg

C65F2330-49E6-44AA-A53C-5016446DD084.jpeg

Hi February,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths