cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund as balance, and not to credit card.

Highlighted
Daniel L Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
1 of 6

I had a project with a 200 USD budget. I had paid 75 USD and 125 USD remained in Escrow. My freelancer just issued a refund of the 75.00 USD that were paid and cancelled the contract. I want to know if the 200 dollars are to be refunded to my credit card or if they will be added as balance to my outwork account?

I want to add them as upwork balance if possible.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Daniel,

Since the refund is done from Escrow and not from freelancer's Upwork account, it will be returned to the credit card you used to fund escrow. It's already been send and should show within 5 days.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Daniel L Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
3 of 6

Ok I see, thanks. And there is no way to cancel refund to credit card and keep it as balance, right?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Unfortunately not, Daniel.

For example, when you fund a milestone using your credit card, the money is in Escrow. If the contract is closed and the freelancer approves the refund from Escrow, it'll go back directly to your credit card since it never reached the freelancer Upwork balance.

If the money was released from Escrow, reached freelancer's account and then the freelancer refunds it to you, it'll go to your Upwork balance.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Aditya B Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
5 of 6

How will I transfer that upwork balance that was credited to me. please help?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 6

Hi Aditya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request!

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS