🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Refund credit
Page options
3909bc88
Community Member

Refund credit

Hello, I was just credited a refund from a cancelled contract but it was credited to my upwork account. The funds were initally removed from my debit card which is on file so I assumed it would have been credited back there. I have double checked the card and billing info to make sure there weren't any issues. How do i transfer those funds back into my bank account?

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sally,

A member of our Customer Support team will reach out to you directly soon and assist you with withdrawing your account balance. Please note that if you're planning on hiring again on Upwork, you can use the funds from your account balance to fund Escrow and pay your freelancer.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

I have a similar situation. I’ve received the refund credits on my Upwork account but they have not been transferred to my bank account. Can someone from customer service please contact me?

Thanks,
Liz
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liz, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. As Vladimir has shared above, should you wish to hire on Upwork, you can use this balance to fund milestones on fixed-price contracts.

~ Avery
Upwork
69fcd23c
Community Member

I have the same issue. I would like my refund credit to be transfered back to my paypal account. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mark.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
21012a2c
Community Member

I have the same issue, we have $950+ in the account as a credit, but would like to refund this back to our original payment method. Can someone contact us, raise a ticket and have this arranged ASAP? Thanks.

Of course, Craig. One of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a similar issue. Can I also get someone to reach out to me as soon as possible about this? Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MP, 

I checked the withdrawal you are referring to and it looks like it was processed on 27-January, UTC. This should be credited back to your account within 5-days. If this doesn't happen automatically, you can follow up here and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
2450ccc3
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I don't need it back to my credit card but I don't even see where the credit balance is on the website. How do I know my total refund credits and how do I use them on other purchases?

Hi Mason,

You can check this by going to Reports > Transactions. The next time you fund a milestone or are invoiced for an Hourly Contract we'll charge your available balance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
1bb0e227
Community Member

Hello I am having the dame problem and want the balance returned to the original card. 

Hi Yesenia,

Thank you for your report. A member of our Customer Support team will reach out to you directly soon and assist you with withdrawing your account balance. Please expect an update on this page with your ticket once it's set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths