cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund credit

Sally K Member Since: Mar 5, 2019
1 of 12

Hello, I was just credited a refund from a cancelled contract but it was credited to my upwork account. The funds were initally removed from my debit card which is on file so I assumed it would have been credited back there. I have double checked the card and billing info to make sure there weren't any issues. How do i transfer those funds back into my bank account?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 12

Hi Sally,

A member of our Customer Support team will reach out to you directly soon and assist you with withdrawing your account balance. Please note that if you're planning on hiring again on Upwork, you can use the funds from your account balance to fund Escrow and pay your freelancer.

Liz M Member Since: Aug 1, 2019
3 of 12
Hi,

I have a similar situation. I’ve received the refund credits on my Upwork account but they have not been transferred to my bank account. Can someone from customer service please contact me?

Thanks,
Liz
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 12

Hi Liz, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. As Vladimir has shared above, should you wish to hire on Upwork, you can use this balance to fund milestones on fixed-price contracts.

-Avery
Untitled
Mark R Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
5 of 12

I have the same issue. I would like my refund credit to be transfered back to my paypal account. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 12

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mark.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Craig H Member Since: Jan 9, 2020
7 of 12

I have the same issue, we have $950+ in the account as a credit, but would like to refund this back to our original payment method. Can someone contact us, raise a ticket and have this arranged ASAP? Thanks.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 12

Of course, Craig. One of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

Untitled
MP T Member Since: Jan 26, 2020
9 of 12

I have a similar issue. Can I also get someone to reach out to me as soon as possible about this? Thank you!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 12

Hi MP, 

I checked the withdrawal you are referring to and it looks like it was processed on 27-January, UTC. This should be credited back to your account within 5-days. If this doesn't happen automatically, you can follow up here and our team will assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS