🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Refund for Excessive Billing from India -...
Page options
5c483a71
Community Member

Refund for Excessive Billing from India - Work Not Completed - Holding Project Hostage

I have been trying to get a hold of Upwork. We hired an Indian Agency (well, he says they are) - they took the job, began, the first week was OK and then the 2nd week almost none of the work was completed, but billed $1,000 - I complained and they agreed to come back on the Job Monday and finish. Again nothing and then tonight - they charged another $200 saying that they have been working this week. How do I get my $1,000 back and the $200 from today? I complained to upwork last week and no response. Their instructions for completing a refund request are also outdated and don't match what we are seeing on the screen. We won't use Upwork again especially when they allow the Workers to last minute throw a bunch of hours together when we are sleeping in the US and then Upwork automatically charges our credit card without us being able to approve the time sheet or work!!!

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bobby,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your agency. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Our team will also investigate further why you weren't able to reach out to our Customer Support and will share more information with you on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gbalint
Community Member

Wow, what made you work with those guys?

628081dc
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue and have spent hours trying to request a refund as the agency has not completed the wor properly. the "request refund" instructions are inaccurate,  have followed and don't get the option to request refund. There is no escalation point or anyway of contacting custmer service, appears UPwork are using the community forum as their customer service. This was the first time using them and will not be using them again. Only option left is to call my bank and request a refund

Hi Lisa,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths