🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund for earlier milestone
Page options
3dee64ac
Community Member

Refund for earlier milestone

Hi all,

I hired a freelancer and the idea was we would work in steps for acheving the final results; milestones were set to build confidence and after two milestones the freelancer couldn't make progress due to some technical issues on his side. Since he couldn't finish the task so he agreed to ateast refund the last milestone. However we don't know what is the process of refunding the approved milestone. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex:
This is really very simple.

The freelancer can refund any amount of money to you, up to the total amount of money that he received from you.

All he needs to do is navigate to his contract listing on his contracts page, click on the contract title to go to the contract page, and then use the "three dots" icon to display a dropdown menu, and choose "Give a refund".

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 5.00.02 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Alex:

There are two ways to do this.

The freelancer could simply navigate to the job listing on his end, and use the "three dots" icon to "close" (or "cancel" or "end") the contract.

He will be notified that doing so will refund the remaining milestone escrow money to the client. You can accept that, and you (the client) will receive the money back in your funding account within 5 business days.

Alternatively you (the client) can navigate to the job listing and use the "three dots" icon to close the contract. When you do so, you can edit the amount of money to be released to be zero dollars. That will send a request to the freelancer to approve the refund request. If he clicks the button to approve that request, then he will receive zero dollars for the last milestone, and the remaining money will automatically be refunded back to your funding account within 5 business days.

Thanks Preston for the Explanation. However my problem is bit different, we have closed the contract but I paid for the earlier milestones which are of no use to me and the freelancer also agrees so he also wants to refund some of earlier released amount (not in escrew but I approved milestones and freelancer was paid). Do you have any idea about refunding earlier released amount? Thanks

Alex:
This is really very simple.

The freelancer can refund any amount of money to you, up to the total amount of money that he received from you.

All he needs to do is navigate to his contract listing on his contracts page, click on the contract title to go to the contract page, and then use the "three dots" icon to display a dropdown menu, and choose "Give a refund".

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 5.00.02 PM.png

Latest Articles
Learning Paths