🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund from Freelancer
Page options
gozdeb
Community Member

Refund from Freelancer

Hello,  I need your help! 

I worked with a freelancer hourly-based. 

1-) He didn't follow the deadlines

2-) The job is about the auto-detection of certain things. But when we tried codes which he sent, we just detected the black areas.

3_) The technology we mention in the job description is Tensor Flow, and he didn't use it; he used something else. 

I wanted to refund about two times, and he never answered them. 

How can I get a refund from him? 

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gozde,

You can dispute your freelancer hours in the Review Period (Monday to Friday) for the hours tracked in the previous week. To learn more about this check out this Help Article.

You can also send a Refund request to your freelancer, To request a refund:

1. Go to Jobs > My Jobs and choose on the contract
  2. From the Contract Room, choose the (…) options menu under the freelancer’s name
  3. Select “Request a Refund”

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I sent him the Refund Request twice, but he never replied. 

And, because I waited for responses; I missed the time limit and the billing period closed. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gozde,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kat303
Community Member

From what I understand, on hourly contracts freelancers are paid for the HOURS they worked. Whereas on fixed rate contracts freelancers are paid for the work they produce and deliver. 

The only thing you can dispute are  - manual hours, or if they used tracker the hours for any screen shot that shows the freelancer doing anything else except working on your job. (such as playing games, reading/replying to personal email, surfing the internet on things not related to your job, or anything else not specifically connected or related on the requirements of your job.)

Besides that, as you stated, the time for ANY disputes has passed. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths