🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund issue with translator
Page options
71bf2045
Community Member

Refund issue with translator

Hello Team,

I need someone's assistance about where to address this issue in Upwork.

Concern: Translator has finished her task as agreed but it has a lot of corrections in her work. She was corrected some but missed a lot of errors which makes us to use our In-house Team for the final product delivery due to the timeline constraints. I have updated this immediately to the translator that we would deduct 20% from the total for the efforts made by us. However, Milestone has been approved automatically by Upwork due to 14 days' time. Now she received the payment to her account. I have raised a refund request to her twice but she is demanding me to give feedback in Upwork then she will release the fund as agreed. I highly appreciate it if someone responds to this query. Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Maxime,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the job that the freelancer submitted. If you'd like to request for a refund, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Jobs   My Jobs and click the title of the contract
  2. Click the (…) options menu and select Request a refund
  3. Complete the request form and click Send Request

Please check out this help article for more information. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
71bf2045
Community Member

Hello Joanne, 

I have already done this procedure twice. However, the translator forcing me to provide the feedback about her work then she said that funds will be released upon my feedback in Upwork. My concern is, it has been communicated within some hours from the delivery as in the discount 20% which is 62 USD will be applied for our efforts made. Kindly advise how to proceed further. Thanks!

Hi Maxime,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 
Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your refund request. Once the ticket is created you will be able to view it Here or respond directly from the email notification that you will receive. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths