🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund money not appearing on my financials
Page options
a_hamshari
Community Member

Refund money not appearing on my financials

Hi everyone.

I have two similar cases which I'd like support with:

1) One freelancer decided to quit on me and so from the milestone of $25, I paid $10 from the first milestone for the work that he did, which leaves with $15 refund.

It doesn't appear on my statement.

2) Similarily, just now I had to cancel a contract with a poorly performing freelancer and I cancelled the contract with $15 in escrow. It doesn't show on my financials neither.

On Upwork's support page, there is not a single place where I can initiate live chat with support team. Can anyone suggest a point of action to take?

Thank you for your suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Anas H wrote:

1) One freelancer decided to quit on me and so from the milestone of $25, I paid $10 from the first milestone for the work that he did, which leaves with $15 refund.

It doesn't appear on my statement.

2) Similarily, just now I had to cancel a contract with a poorly performing freelancer and I cancelled the contract with $15 in escrow. It doesn't show on my financials neither.

1) Is the contract closed? Once the contract is closed and the freelancer has agreed to the escrow funds being returned to you, the funds should be back on your original payment method within 5 days or so.

2) Once the freelancer has agreed to the escrow funds being returned to you, the funds should be back on your original payment method within 5 days or so.

Thank you kindly for the reply. I'll look into that momentarily.
All the best.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths