🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Refund not possible?
Page options
dce251af
Community Member

Refund not possible?

Hello,

I am new here, I submitted a job and hired a freelancer to do it. Except that I didn't pay attention to funds, when it passes 14 days the funds are released to freealcer. The problem is that the freelancer didn't do what I asked, kept pushing the deadlines, responding to my chats very briefly and after a long times. Which result in me loosing time and money and obviously I can't trust another freelancer.

When I asked him for a refund he refused, and from my client space, I have no way to open a dispute.

Can you tell me how to do? I am feeling like I was fooled and this first experiance is disastrous.

Any help would be very helpful, thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nabta,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Alexandar

It is good that you now understand that when a freelancer clicks the Submit button... Upwork automatically releases all escrow money to the freelancer 14 days later, if the client does nothing.

Is it possible to get a refund at this point?

It is theoretically possible. But it is far less likely, and will require far more effort, than if you had handled things before the money was released.

The way the system is intended to be used is that if the freelancer submitted incomplete work, the client clicks a button to request changes BEFORE the end of the 14-day review period.

Hello Alksandar, thank you for the reply, do you know roughly how long it takes to have one of your agent?

Hope you have a nice day.

Hi Nabta,

You're welcome! Our team already reached out yesterday via this ticket. You should be able to access it directly or through your email notifications.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths