🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Refund not received
Page options
12d2425a
Community Member

Refund not received

Hello Upwork,

I had a dispute with a freelancer and we finally came to an agreement on the refund. The money was sitting in escrow. Part of escrow was given to the freelancer (per Upwork's approval) and part was supposed to be refunded to me. It was done on January 7th. I still have not received any money back to my credit card. How do I get my money back?

Thanks

39 REPLIES 39
LuiggiR

Hi Marina,

I checked and can confirm that the refund was processed but the funds were returned back to your Upwork account as opposed to your billing method. Since it's already on your account, you have the opportunity to use it for any future or current jobs. Would you like to get them back to your billing method instead?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
12d2425a
Community Member

I would like them to be returned to the original billing method. What do I need to do to get that done?

Thanks

Hi Marina,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne!

I've the same issue. My freelancer refunded me all the amount two weeks ago. The money was sitting in escrow. I still have not received any money back to my credit card. How do I get my money back?

Thanks

Hi Warda,

I checked the refund I believe you're referring to and it looks like it was successfully processed on our end. Could you please check with your bank or payment method provider about this transaction? Please, note that the refund would be send to the same payment method that was used to fund the original milestone.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I have the same issue its been more than 3rd week now when my money was refund sent but i didn't received it untill yet. I would like to receive it back to me ASAP because its already too late now!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you.

Hi Amna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Arjay here stepping in for Valeria. I have checked the refund transaction you're referring to and it looks like it's been credited to your mastercard on file. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for looking into this matter but I've contacted bank multiple times and they replied me same that check the details from your sender.

Could you please look again and provide me any info that proofs the competion of the transaction to my card ending **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I've also check the statement and doesn't reflect to it as well. Please guide me how to solve this issue.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi Amna,

Thank you for following up on this. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

hello annie

my freelancer gave me 80 dollar refund and now it is stuck pending in transaction history.

i want receive it back to original billing method paypal.

you can help? thank you.

Hi Luc,

I would be happy to help. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bf45fb32
Community Member

Hi Nikola

Sorry, 

I think I have a similar problem as Marina above! I've arranged a refund with 2 freelancers, both said they confirmed it, but I've been waiting for the refund for several days now! It's $200 and $600 so together $800 that I should get refunded!

Thank you for your help in advance
thanks
Josef

Hi Annie,

Sorry, 

I think I have a similar problem as Marina above! I've arranged a refund with 2 freelancers, both said they confirmed it, but I've been waiting for the refund for several days now! It's $200 and $600 so together $800 that I should get refunded!

thanks
Josef

Can i get a member from upwork to look into escalate my issue that i posted? i would hate to think Upwork would be complicit and willing allow scamming and fraud on their platform

Hello Valerie,  

I'm facing the same issue here and it's been more than a month and I haven't received my money into my bank account.

Hi Fai,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bf45fb32
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Sorry, 

I think I have a similar problem as Marina! I've arranged a refund with 2 freelancers, both said they confirmed it, but I've been waiting for the refund for several days now! It's $200 and $600 so together $800 that I should get refunded!

thanks
Josef

Hi sir Luigi I also didn't receive my refund the refund was called on 2 june its 6th june now Kindly refund my 30$ to my bank account, i used my client profile i hired someone but he didn't respond so i cancel the project now am waiting for refund.

Check attachment please

Thanks

Hi Amjid,

Thank you for your message. Please note that refund credits can take up to five business days to appear on your account. Let me know if you still can't see the amount reflected on your account then we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ehaamkhan
Community Member

Hi arjay, its 8th june and i call refund on 2nd June still zero response related kindly look into this issue 

Hi AMJID,

The fifth business day from the refund request date would be June 9 UTC. Please let us know by June 10 if you still don't have the funds so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
ab991ace
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I refunded the amount back to my client since we failed to recover his app.

The refund says pending, could you please check that up for me?

How long would it take for my client to receive the amount back?

Hi Nikita,

I can see that you've successfully refunded your client. Please note that it may take 3-5 business days for the credit to be available to the client.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bf45fb32
Community Member

Hi Luiggi!

Sorry, 

I think I have a similar problem as Marina! I've arranged a refund with 2 freelancers, both said they confirmed it, but I've been waiting for the refund for several days now! It's $200 and $600 so together $800 that I should get refunded!

thanks
Josef

Hi there, 

I checked your Transaction History and it looks like both of the refunds you're referring to were sent back directly to your payment method. This usually takes 5 business days to show on your payment method's statement. If more time passes and you still don't see your funds please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
07232a4a
Community Member

Hi Luigi. I have money that has been refunded to my Upwork too  . It's been 10 days . I'd like for it to be refunded to my Mastercard which was my original payment method . Please can you assist me 

Hi Lisa,

We've escalated your Community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ehaamkhan
Community Member

Its 15 june now i request refund on 2 june still no refund

Hi Amjid,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have escalated your concern and requested a trace to the appropriate team. Please allow our team time to review the transactions on your account and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ehaamkhan
Community Member

Hello Arjay sir,

I have credited my 52.50$ refund on 29july now its august 6 but didn't receive the refund please check attachment 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi AMJID,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie 

I have 2 other refunds of 52.50$ each.

I want you to help me provide the Arn number to trace the refund . Please i have sent email to your support but didn't get any response .The refund was credited on date 3 August and 6 August. Please help attachment given 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi AMJID,

I can see that you replied to the team working with you and they are already working on your request. Kindly allow more time for them to get back to you. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

recieved

ehaamkhan
Community Member

Hi Sir again i have the refund issue of 52.50$ , the refund is credited on 29 july and its 4 august but didn't received it. Kindly help me in this. Attachment given as proof with Contract id

Re: "Hi Sir again i have the refund issue of 52.50$ , the refund is credited on 29 july and its 4 august but didn't received it. Kindly help me in this. Attachment given as proof with Contract id"

Just wait a couple more days.

You will receive the refund within five business days.
It has not yet been five business days.

Only three business days have passed thus far.

Didn't receive it its 6 August now

Hi Amjid have you received your refund yet? I saw your complain so I am asking you because I am currently going through the same problem.

b8658e95
Community Member

I have the same issue, Upwork made a refund of $157 to my mastercard on the 24th of January but it hasn't reflected almost 3weeks later!!!! It's not in my bank statement and my bank say they haven't received any such transaction. I contacted Upwork support and they're requesting for my bank to issue a letter to them. The bank is saying why should they issue a letter regarding a transaction that wasn't initiated by them?? They say the best they can do is provide my account statement. I sincerely hope I get my cash, never knew Upwork transactions were this stressful. I have to make over half a dozen calls and send multiple emails, I'm tired and very disappointed tbh. Upwork needs to do better 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths