🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund not returned to account
Page options
f922457a
Community Member

Refund not returned to account

I recently had to end a contract with a freelancer as they had misrepresented their skills. Long story short the work wasn't up to the standard of the references they sent me, and upon some digging, I discovered that some of the references were copies of other artist's work. 

I canceled the contract and requested a refund for a milestone I'd already paid, and the money that was in escrow. So far I've only received a refund for one of these.

Should there be a delay in receiving either the paid milestone or the escrow funds back?

Or is there a way to check if the other half of the refund is still being processed?

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi David,

I would like to clarify that the funds have already been refunded back to your bank account. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account. If you haven't received them after 5 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue and the 5 business days have been passed since long time. Unfortunately the refund isn’t deposited to my credit card account.

Best regards,

Hi Amer,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your refund. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths