🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund
Page options
7fa4ca7b
Community Member

Refund

I ended the contract and forgot to click the request a refund button. Can I still request for the refund? 

3 REPLIES 3
varungs
Community Member

You can request a refund, but you can't initiate a dispute through Upwork if the funds have already been released to the freelancer. Whether your refund request is accepted or not depends entirely on the freelancer.

petra_r
Community Member

Varun G wrote:

You can request a refund, but you can't initiate a dispute through Upwork if the funds have already been released to the freelancer. Whether your refund request is accepted or not depends entirely on the freelancer.

Wrong. The client has 30 days from when the last milestone was funded to initiate a dispute.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Emem:

This is what I think happened:

You hired a freelancer using a fixed-price contract.

Things fell through, schedules didn't work out, etc.

You talked to the freelancer, and asked her if she would refund the escrow payment. She agreed.

You clicked the button to close the contract, but instead of requesting that the escrow money be refunded to you, you released the money to the freelancer.

This is a simple matter to resolve: Simply send the freelancer a short message, explaining that you made a mistake, and ask her to refund the money to you manually. She can issue a refund from her end.

Also, on any recently-closed contract, there is a button you may use to request a refund:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062088-Request-a-Refund

Latest Articles
Learning Paths