🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund
Page options
829fbc39
Community Member

Refund

When I created a job for 40$ I made 2 milestones of 20$ each ;however, without the acceptance of the freelancer a 20$ were taken from me. How can i get a refund?

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

With Fixed Price Jobs, clients can have options to either deposit funds in Escrow and release after work is received or deposit funds and divide into smaller milestones. You can fund one milestone at a time. This means that unless a funded milestone is released to the freelancer, you cant prefund another. With that, the aim is to both protect clients and freelancers alike by ensuring that clients will have time to review and accept the work before releasing payment and the freelancer can have the peace of mind that his milestone is funded. If you ever release less than the agreed milestone amount, the extra funds in escrow will roll forward to the next milestone. The funds stay in escrow until the agreed upon work is completed.
You can check out this help article for more information about escrow.

Please check these helpful articles for more information about requesting a refund and get an escrow refund.

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths