🐈
» Forums » Clients » Rehiring a freelancer
Page options
astepanov83
Community Member

Rehiring a freelancer

I'm establishing another hourly contract for my freelancer.

It would not allow me setting zero to Weekly Payment amount. I set it to 0.01$, I don't care about a cent. Why can't I just set 0?

weekly.png

9 REPLIES 9
astepanov83
Community Member

And one more problem with hiring page.

Weekly Payment was zero by default and Advanced Options page was collapsed. When I clicked Hire button, it showed me that something was wrong. I scrolled the page up and down and found nothing marked with red. Only when I expanded Advanced Options, I found what was missing. So the problem is that I had to expand it manually

Either print exactly what's wrong right on the top of the page, or expand tabs so incorrect fields are easily found without using the sixth sense.

petra_r
Community Member

Aleksandr S wrote:

I'm establishing another hourly contract for my freelancer.

It would not allow me setting zero to Weekly Payment amount. I set it to 0.01$, I don't care about a cent. Why can't I just set 0?

weekly.png

Do NOT put anything in there. Get out of the Advanced Settings and leave them be unless you want to create a weekly payment.

@Petra

I didn't. Zero was a default. It just wouldn't let
me continue with it. If I needed to clear it, not zero, then this is obviously an issue
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aleksandr,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Could you please share the contract ID with me here or via PM so that our team can investigate this further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the follow up, Aleksandr.

I checked this with our team and the value field should be blank, you will simply need to remove the value (0,00). If you`re still experiencing any problems after this, please follow up here. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I actually did not touch this field. I changed hourly rate only and it showed the error. It had to click everywhere to find out what it complained on. Advanced tab was closed, I opened it and saw what's on the image above

Hi Aleksandr,

Our team will investigate this further and also one of our team members will create a ticket for you where we can share more information about this and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You'd better make it clear that this value can be empty. It's not obvious. And it was zero by default, not empty
Latest Articles
Learning Paths