🐈
» Forums » Clients » Release funds back to my CC
Page options
809b1664
Community Member

Release funds back to my CC

Hey guys,

I have $600 in funds on my account that I want to transfer back to my credit card.

How can I do this?

Many thanks

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further with the funds.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My observations about things that I think can be improved:

I have read posts in the Forum indicating that when a refund is issued from a fixed-price escrow payment, the money SOMETIMES goes back to the client's funding source. And SOMETIMES goes to the client's Upwork account.

This seems confusing to me. If this is not really what is happening, then I hope someone will correct me. If this IS what is happening, then it would better if:

- The client can control where the money is refunded back to - Upwork account or funding source

[or]

- The money should always go back to the funding source

ALSO:
If money sometimes DOES go back to the client's Upwork account, it would be better if there was a SIMPLE BUTTON that the client could use to withdraw that money back to his funding source. (Rather than needing to contact Upwork Customer Support.)

Thank you for your feedback, Preston. I understand that it may appear inconsistent. However, whether the refund is issued directly to the client's payment method or to their Upwork balance generally depends on whether that refund is coming from Escrow (cancelled fixed-price offer or cancelled milestone) or from the freelancer's account (freelancer issuing a refund of money that's already been paid to them.) This is currently by design. That said, I appreciate your suggestions on how this experience could be improved and will share them with the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi.
Please I have a different problem from this one. I want to withdraw money from my upwork to PayPal account which is verified. But I can't. It keeps saying payment rejected. Is cuz I haven't linked a card to my PayPal account.

Please my must I link a card to my PayPal account before withdrawing from upwork to PayPal account. ??
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arreymbor, 

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this further. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread so that the team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths