cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of fixed price escrow refund faster

N L Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
1 of 2

I had to end a contract due to complete disregard of contract deadlines and zero communication by freelancer. This means I not only lost the time he wasted, I also lost the deliverable and now have to spend time to find someone else and have them work in a rush.

When I ended the contract, it appears as "Completed" and my only option was to button-select reasons to end the contract - non-responsive and missed milestones. So "completed" seems as though he did something. Not true. Also not helpful in this situation is that the freelancer has 1 week to dispute or agree with my ending of the contract. Say what?  Yes, I can understand both sides of a potential scenario including one in which a contractor ended a contract without paying for work performed.  That's the worst case scenario.

Where is the alternative to releasing the refund sooner in a situation like I describe?  We need a way to get the refund to turn around and fast hire a new freelancer on the same project/contract.  Why would you require anything more from a non-responsive and disrespectful freelancer?  There is room for improvement on this so it doesn't hinder needed hiring.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

N L,

Please, refer to my reply here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS