🐈
» Forums » Clients » Release part payment for freelancer
Page options
68dbd2f1
Community Member

Release part payment for freelancer

A freelancer I'm working with has requested payment for the work done but we are only half way through. I'm happy to release half of the amount and she agrees that only half should be paid now, but she already submitted the request for full payment.  
How can I release only part of the payment? 

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rachel,

On the pre-established milestone, when you click the green "Pay Now" button, you'll be presented with the option of releasing a smaller amount and leaving the rest of the funds in escrow to apply to new milestones that you want to create. You can select the "Keep the contract open- I've got more work for (Freelancer's name)". Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d591841e
Community Member

Goran,

I have a fixed fee contract.  I would like to divide by milestones but doing this just increases the contract total amount.  Is there a way to release partial payment or if I hit pay will it release the entire amount?

Regards,

Jason C Borland, NCARB RA

p.s. Goran,

I asked the freelancer to request funds.  They did and the payment was made.  You do not need to respond at this point.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you have an option to release a partial milestone amount for work submitted through the Upwork platform. You can release a partial milestone amount by following the steps below:

•  Select the contract from Jobs › My Jobs and click Review & Pay
  • Choose Approve & Pay
  • Click the pencil icon
  • Enter the amount to be released
  • Click Send Payment

You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if you have further questions or if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths