🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Releasing partial funds to a freelancer
Page options
78261e93
Community Member

Releasing partial funds to a freelancer

I have $150 in excrow and want to advance $75 to the Freelancer. I do not see a way to allocate partcial funds. My "Pay Now" button only allows me to send the full $150. I tried sending $5 to be sure the file remained open and instead of this money going to the Freelancer is just added it to the balance, now reflecting that I have $155 in escrow. Please advise as to how I can send just a poetion of the funds until the job is complete.

Thank you,

Pastor Jeanine

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Jeanine M W wrote:

I have $150 in excrow and want to advance $75 to the Freelancer. I do not see a way to allocate partcial funds. My "Pay Now" button only allows me to send the full $150. I tried sending $5 to be sure the file remained open and instead of this money going to the Freelancer is just added it to the balance, now reflecting that I have $155 in escrow. Please advise as to how I can send just a poetion of the funds until the job is complete.

Just go to the milestone and edit the PAY NOW amount to $ 75, then set up a new milestone for the remaining $ 75 which will fund from the money left in Escrow.

78261e93
Community Member

There is no edit function showing

@Jeanine M W wrote:

You can also ask the freelancer to request payment, and he can modify the amount when he does, and then you just have to release. The aomunt left will remain in escrow, and you can use it to fund the next milestone.

petra_r
Community Member

@Jeanine M W wrote:

Yes there is.

You click on Pay Now, then you see the amount.

Just edit it.

Or do it the other way with the freelancer requesting payment of $ 75.

Make sure you do create a second milestone.

I have the same problem. There is no edit function. Only "Agree and Pay". The video on youtube is old too, the layout is totally different. 

Read Petra's instruction above.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths