cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the Auto Hide feature please

Najeeullah K Member Since: Jan 23, 2015
1 of 8

Sometimes a feature may have good intentions but does more harm than good. 

Odesk Auto Hides some applicants, sometimes quite a few of them, sometimes not so many.

As a client I find it very frustrating. I don't want some algorithm to determine whether a candidate is right for me or not. As a result, I have to review both regular applicants and then the Hidden section.

While I am reviewing applicants, others are auto Hidden and I have no way of telling which ones. 

I don't know how less experienced clients are coping with it. They probably won't even know that some applicants are auto hidden.

I would like the hidden feature to be manual. I as a client should have the ability to move some applicants to the Hidden section just so I can ease some of the clutter. Nothing more than that.

I hope Odesk listens.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 8

Good luck with that one...

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
3 of 8

This has become a freelancer nightmare. I have never suffered from the problem tho. I guess as oDesk should remove this feature and also should correct the logic that determines which freelancers are the good fit for a particular job.

Community Guru
Stefan C Member Since: Nov 1, 2011
4 of 8

@OP:

Assuming your are an outsourcing company based in Dallas, Texas, USA, leveraging resources for both Clients and Contractors to get the job done expeditiously and cost effectively (since '03?), you should be quite familiar with how this site works, and aware that there is a "hidden applicants" feature.

Why would you be frustrated when you clearly know there is a *hidden* feature, you can clearly see the hidden applicants count, and they're only one click away?
Are you trying to be environmentally friendly by not spawning too many clicks? Smiley Happy

On the other hand, if I were a... guy advertising my data scraping services in a "Female North-American Native English Voiceover" job posting (for example), and clients kept marking my applications as "clearly not qualified", eventually ending on the permanent poop list.. well, that would be frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the hidden feature (or most of the features that were introduced in the last two years for that matter). I'm just wondering why you, as an "established" client (not freelancer) that knows his way around, would complain about basically.. one extra click.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
5 of 8

I have read about issues with the hidden users feature, but honestly, I have never found a half decent freelancer in my auto-hidden list. I once overrode oDesk's recommendation and hired someone from the hidden list, and regretted it less than 24 hours later because the freelancer, despite having a picture perfect profile, was a complete fraud. I do think there have been issues with this feature early on (which feature has been rolled out without any issues), but unless I have been incredibly lucky with it, I like it.

The feature I don't like is the recommended freelancer list because it's wrong 80% of the time.

Mahfuz A Member Since: Jan 24, 2015
6 of 8

Last 6 months I have applied lots...but there are never show my name on any applicants list and I have not got any job last 6 months as well. Here I like to mention that My profile is really strong and good where I have done around 180 jobs and around 6000 hours.

Can anyone help me please....

Mahfuz

Freelancer of oDesk

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
7 of 8

I suggest create a support ticket and ask them if you applications are getting automatically hidden.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8
Mahfouz, you need to contact customer support and ask them:

"Is my account under review."

They will probably say yes, in which case you need to follow their instructions precisely.

Do NOT explain you situation to customer support. Do not use more than two sentences when you ask your question. They know what "account under review" means, and if you keep your question simple you may get a quick, accurate answer from them.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS