🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Removing my job posting from google searc...
Page options
649717dd
Community Member

Removing my job posting from google search results

Hi

We launch our new company on Thursday, when you google the company  name the first thing that appears is an old out of date upwork job posting. It looks really unprofessional.

I made my account private and have now deleted my original account, but the information is still shown.   

This issue is the company name in the original job title. I appreciate I was stupid to include this, but I did not realise the results would be shown outside the platform on google searches.

I would be massively grateful if someone can tell me how to remove these search results.

Thanks

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stephen,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. I would like to clarify that we don`t control Google search results. You will need to request this from google so that this search result is removed. You can submit removal requests through your own Google account
I wanted to point out that you do have an option to post your jobs as private. This means that only freelancers logged in on Upwork will be able to view your job. If a user is not logged in they will not be able to view it.
If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Its really not helpful, I have found the whole Upwork UX very negative

Hi Stephen,

I`m sorry to hear you feel this way. Feel free to let me know anything that is confusing for you so that I can advise you accordingly.
I can also recommend checking out our resources Here to learn more about utilizing Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths