🐈
» Forums » Clients » Reopen accidentally closed account
Page options
35f0bbbc
Community Member

Reopen accidentally closed account

Hi, I accidentally closed my account when trying to delete my freelancer profile. I have emailed customer service several times, and only gotten an automated response about my freelancer profile (which is blank because I don’t want to use it) and nothing about the content of the email I sent pleading for help to re-open my account or at least create a new account with the same email address.
92 REPLIES 92
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roma,

We have followed up with team and account you have closed accidentally is now restored. Please close your new account. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey,

Even I want to get my account reopened. I closed my account 2 years back.

I tried sending a message but the page is throwing no access error. I was trying to contact the support team but ended up creating a new account (I know this is against the rule, I had not option)

Hello,

Please send me a PM (click o my name) with more information about your previous account and I will advise you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hamdana
Community Member

Hello,

I had a working upwork account with **Edited for Community Guidelines** which I accidently deleted because I could not change the paypal email address. Please I would like the account reactived. Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zaharadeen,

Your account will be reopened shortly and this one will be closed as having more than one account is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I accidentally closed my upwork profile. I actually wanted to make an agency account of my company through its official email but instead made a freelacer profile which lead me to close the account without knowing anything about it. I would request you to help me get back my account. The email used for it was ohok.pvt.ltd@gmail.com

Hi Osman,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

I'd also like to let you know that to create an agency account, you must first have a freelancer account. There is no way to create an agency account directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f5c34ecb
Community Member

Same issue please help with user id **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aryan,

I've shared your concern with our support team and converted your post into a support ticket to give your request the attention it deserves. One of the team members will contact you on this page with further assistance once your account is thoroughly reviewed.

You may also expect an update on the email associated with the account you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
gksawon
Community Member

Hello,
Yesterday I accidentally closed my account. I have just created this new account for seeking help. Hope you will help me out in this situation,
Thanks

Hi MD,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I would like to reopen my previous account as I deleted because of low rating on my profile could you please re initiate the process of opening my previous account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you.

Hi there,

I checked and it looks like the account you're referring to has been restored. Please try logging in to your account with either your username or email and your password. Once you're able to log in, please remember to close this new account as users are not allowed to have more than one account as per Upwork's TOS. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,
I accidentally closed my account. I have just created this new account for seeking help. Hope you will help me out in this situation,
Thanks!

Hi Velian,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

My husband accidently closed the account. He was trying to close the client account not the freelancer one but now he cant get it. Please help us to revocer that.

c090ee82
Community Member

Hello, instead of closing my client account I have accidentally closed my whole Upwork verified account ! Please help me to restore my old account because it has a previous work and complete profile !

Hi Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f8b03eb2
Community Member

I accidentally clicked on close my account. Please restore it if you can. It has really made me upset.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdurrehman Afzal,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

HI Bojan,

I closed my Upwork account just now accidently while changing the some settings. Can you please restore my account with name Data Guru.

Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

thanks

0d1a8a93
Community Member

**Edited for community guidelines**

I have recentely accidently deleted my own Upwork account. My user name was **Edited for community guidelines** Can you please help me restore this account?

Thanks  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rob,

The account was reinstated. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please note that it's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
devazmat
Community Member

My friend has mistakenly closed his account. The confusion was he was thinking he is closing his client account only but his freelancer account is also closed. Please help us in this regards. He thought he didn't need the client account therefore he closed but he need his freelancer account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Azmat,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with your friend's account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4b20ccd2
Community Member

Hi, I did the same thing can closed my account my mistake thinking it would close only my cilent account but it closed my freelancer account as well. Could you help?

Hi Nadia,

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey,

I want to get my account reopened. I closed  my account  accidentally  few minutes  ago.

I tried sending a message but the page is throwing no access error. I was trying to contact the support team but ended up creating a new account (I know this is against the rule, I had not option)

I have recentely accidently deleted my own Upwork account. My user name was shakil345 Can you please help me restore this account?

Hi Shakil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. 

We have a client and freelancer account. While trying to remove only the freelancer account, we removed both accounts. How can we share with you the account information ? Please help us restore our client account. 

Hi Veselin, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
8414c42b
Community Member

Hi. I recently closed my account accidentally. I would like to re-activate it if possible. user: filguler 

Hi Phil,

Please send me a PM (Click on my name) with your account details so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
emiryan2
Community Member

Hi there. Can you help me with reopen closed account? Today in night, my small brother accidentally close my account on upworl. Unfortunately I didn't have time to stop im, because I was in another room and celebrating another date with other family.

Hi, I accidentally closed my account while trying to delete my wrongly created freelancer profile. I have emailed customer service several times but received no reply. My id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I recently created an agency profile and an accident happened on the same day. Both my freelancer and agency profile have been removed. This is a paid account. So, please try to resolve and restore it as soon as possible. I also noticed the same happening with others too. This is a serious bug in the Upwork platform. 

Kindly prioritize the issue at hand and restore my account.

Hi Goutam,

I will reach out to you via PM with more details, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths