🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Reopen accidentally closed account
Page options
35f0bbbc
Community Member

Reopen accidentally closed account

Hi, I accidentally closed my account when trying to delete my freelancer profile. I have emailed customer service several times, and only gotten an automated response about my freelancer profile (which is blank because I don’t want to use it) and nothing about the content of the email I sent pleading for help to re-open my account or at least create a new account with the same email address.
92 REPLIES 92

Hi, I accidently closed my freelancer account. Please help me to re-open my closed account.

I created a duplicate upwork account with same email address. please help

Hi Parveen,

I am sorry for the late response. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I accidentally closed my account when trying to delete my client's account. This is my cousin's original account. The email of my accidentally closed account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Kindly reopen and return my account i need it badly.

Hi Muhammad,

Your freelancer account was restored as per your request. Please try logging in again and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you so much.

hello i am jahanzaib i sign up on upwork i.i as i sign up on facebook i was in learning phase my profile is rejected and i deleted it can i use same email id to create a new account now i am professional and i want to work on upwork help me please

or i should use a new gmail address

Hi Jahan,

I checked and it looks like you're still working on your profile. Once submitted, we typically take 24 hours to review your application and we will notify you via email if your application is approved or declined. If you're referring to another account please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
b389d39a
Community Member

I also want to reopen my account I closed it accidentally. I wanted to close my freelancer profile on that email id but it closed my entire account. I want my client profile to be active. Please help me out with the same.

b389d39a
Community Member

I also want to reopen my account I closed it accidentally. I wanted to close my freelancer profile on that email id but it closed my entire account. I want my client profile to be active. Please help me out with the same.

Email Id: **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Parth.

Your account has been restored as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b389d39a
Community Member

I believe my Client Account is not restored. Pl check the screenshot. I am not able to post the job.

I am not able to post a job through my profile. I request you to please help me out with the same.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Parth,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I have a similar issue like this. My husband has accidentally closed the account, he was trying to close the client account but freelancer account got deleted as well. Please help us restore that.

Looking forward to hear

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Priya,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your husband's account? I’ll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sent you a PM

I am still looking for a solution. I have sent you PM as well about the details. Please help us about further steps

a665d9fc
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I accidentally deleted my Upwork account in trying to convert to a freelance account from a client account. I ended up creating a new account but like to reopen my previous account. Could you help?  

Thank you so much for your help in advance. 

Gopal 

Hi Gopal,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the account's username and registered email address? I'll be happy to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ac405adb
Community Member

Hi,

Could u please help me restore my account that i closed by mistake, as i'm a newbie

Hi Mandeep,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I have an Upwork Freelancer and a client account too was associated with the email address "*Edited for Community Guidelines**  I was trying to close my client account, but mistakenly I got my freelancer account closed too. I need to reopen my freelancer account. Can you please help ?

Hi Nehwish,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click the name on this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the closed account in question? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
shivajalagam
Community Member

Hi

I want to reopen my closed account id: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

and close my duplicate account id: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you.

Hi Shiva,

I checked your account, and it looks like the team reached out to you previously regarding your account status. Could you please send me a PM with more information regarding your request to so I can confirm with the team? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

Actually **edited for Community Guidelines** account my brothers account. When I am in a team i
used this account for personal.Now I am out of team so want to reopen
**edited for Community Guidelines** and close my brothers account.
BTW **edited for Community Guidelines** is my team account which I closed already.

Thank you.

Hi Shiva, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
emiryan2
Community Member

Hi. Can u please reopen closed account? My smal brother today in night accidentally close it when he play with PC. I was in another room and celebrating date with other family and didn't have time to stop my brother 😞

My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alla,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

I am wanting to reopen my closed acccount. I have the email, can you assist?

Best,

Jordan 

Hi Jordan,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with? You should be able to send private messages as soon as you become an Active Member.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

My closed account was reopened please close the account with gmail:p**Edited for Community Guidelines**
So that I will be having one one.

Cheers,
Sravan

Hi Kalva,

I checked and it looks like the account you're referring to is indeed closed.

Let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

No thanks. Thank you.

Cheers,
Sravan.
a4d2fb96
Community Member

I've just accidentally closed my Upwork account. What I meant to do was to withdraw from client accounts. Upwork UI is really confusing with regards to such a destructive feature.
Could you help me out with restoring my account? It seems I can't message you here, it says that access is denied when I try that.

Hi Dennis,

I'm sorry to hear you closed your account in error. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Same Case Here !!
I've also accidentally closed my Upwork account while trying to close the client account. 
And I am trying to message the community members who helped other members before but it's denied. 

My email of the previous account was **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Could you help me out with restoring my account? 

Hi Zeeshan,

The account you accidentally closed has been restored as per your request. We've also proceeded to close this account you used to contact us.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ec89da14
Community Member

Hey,

I too accidentally closed my previous account. Can you help me reopen it?

Hi Abhinav,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the username and registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths