🐈
» Forums » Clients » Reopen accidentally closed account
Page options
35f0bbbc
Community Member

Reopen accidentally closed account

Hi, I accidentally closed my account when trying to delete my freelancer profile. I have emailed customer service several times, and only gotten an automated response about my freelancer profile (which is blank because I don’t want to use it) and nothing about the content of the email I sent pleading for help to re-open my account or at least create a new account with the same email address.
92 REPLIES 92
ec89da14
Community Member

Hey,

I have sent you a PM.

54aef769
Community Member

Hello, I also accidentally closed my previous account. I can't PM you with this account so here is my username: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi K M, 

I checked and I can confirm that we can't restore your old account. However, you can continue to use the new account you created.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e855894b
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to reopen my account with email  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. Please close all duplicate accounts to avoid possible account interruptions due to TOS violations. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cooldy
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to reopen my account as well. What should I do in order to do that? 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Teodor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you were able to sign in earlier and this account of yours is showing as active. If you need help with another account, please let us know. Also, please be advised that multiple accounts is against Upwork ToS and you will have to choose which account you want to keep should there be another account.

~ AJ
Upwork
cooldy
Community Member

I'm using this account so I can write the message here. I'd like this account to be closed and the active one to be restored. I can provide the email address. Where should I do that? 

Hi Teodor,

You can send me the details for the account that you want to restore. To send me a PM, kindly click on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
cooldy
Community Member

I tried sending you a message 2 times but it doesn't appear in the my messages page. Could you confirm you received it? If not - where should I message you

Thanks again 

Hi Teodor,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. I have checked and confirm that you've successfully sent the details needed to Annie Jane via PM for us to pull up your original account. I have escalated your request to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page once it's been set up. You can also keep an eye on the email address associated with your original account for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cooldy
Community Member

Hey Arjay M,

Thank you for stepping in. So far I do not see a ticket in the link provided. I'm a bit concered since I can see that my messages do not appear in the proper website section. I'd assume there might be a similiar issue with the tickets as well. 

Thank you so much! 

Hi Teodor,

Thank you for your message. Could you please check the registered email address for the closed account for the notification from our support team? That support link will be active only after you have access to the closed account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths