cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report freelancer

Ace Contributor
Igor Y Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
1 of 11
I think it'd be good idea to add an optional text field to "Report to upwork". That way you'd know why client reported certain freelancer and it would allow you to take appropriate action much faster.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Igor,

Currently any user can report a freelancer profile by flagging it as inappropriate. The team will review those reports and act accordingly. Additionally we take client's private and public feedback very seriously and consider them when reviewing freelancers' accounts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
3 of 11
Hello. What I meant is when you archive applicants, you get option to report them but you can't specify even vaguely why exactly you're reporting them. This would save your team a lot of time since you'd know why person was reported and where to start your review so to say. It also might be good idea to take this out to separate section and add same checkboxes that are available on freelancer profile page. Another thing is, option "Other" wit text field for both reporting freelancer and job posting as available check boxes sometimes do not describe reason for reporting.
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 11

@Igor Y wrote:
Hello. What I meant is when you archive applicants, you get option to report them but you can't specify even vaguely why exactly you're reporting them. This would save your team a lot of time since you'd know why person was reported and where to start your review so to say. It also might be good idea to take this out to separate section and add same checkboxes that are available on freelancer profile page. Another thing is, option "Other" wit text field for both reporting freelancer and job posting as available check boxes sometimes do not describe reason for reporting.

Just curious, if you report someone that has applied to your job post, what is an example of why you'd report them that isn't on the drop down list? 

Ace Contributor
5 of 11
One example would be use of bots to apply to jobs. It's not anyhow improving quality of market place you know. Also, there is simply no dropdown when you report applicant.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 11

re: "use of bots to apply to jobs"

The list of possible reasons to report a freelancer from the freelancer's profile page includes "spam profile"... Which is not exactly what you you are trying to identify.

You're really trying to identify a contractor who sends "spam job proposals."

The contractor's actual profile might not look like a "spam profile."

And there isn't really a free-form reporting field.

So Igor does have a point.

Ace Contributor
7 of 11
If you report it from profile, it's not obvious which job posting it's related to though.
R S Member Since: Apr 28, 2016
8 of 11

I agree, I have pfreelancers taht never did any work and cancelled the contract and there is no way to warn others. I did put feedback but its missing from the site and I cannot see how to find it again.  I am not sure how they can get away with promising work, agreeing to it, and then wioping out the feedback provided when they just dont do the work but can get away with cancelling without any feedback. Please advise how to put feedback as I would like to WARN others about this freelancer. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 11

@R S wrote:

I agree, I have pfreelancers taht never did any work and cancelled the contract and there is no way to warn others. I did put feedback but its missing from the site and I cannot see how to find it again.  I am not sure how they can get away with promising work, agreeing to it, and then wioping out the feedback provided when they just dont do the work but can get away with cancelling without any feedback. Please advise how to put feedback as I would like to WARN others about this freelancer.

If no money changed hands there is no public feedback.

As far as "warning others" is concerned, I'd have thought the freelancer's own profile (the feedback history) and the agency's really poor Job Success Score is warning enough?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 11

Hi RS,

If the job was cancelled, you most likely left private feedback as no money was paid. We do monitor user performance and the private feedback you left, although not publicly visible, does affect the freelancer's Job Success Score.

I edited your comment since it's a violation of our Community Guidelines to post links or information about other members in the forums.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS